Forums

Help › Forums

L103 Driver replacement?

Tue, Jun 11 2019 10:41 AM (28 replies)
  • SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Fri, May 24 2019 10:09 PM

I've got all the top-notch drivers (except for the most recent) and as many have already mentioned, there is no significant difference from one to another in terms of distance and even forgiveness so you're not missing anything unless the speed of swing meter really matters to you. In my case as a mobile player, I don't ding often no matter which swing meter speed (varying from 3.5 to 4.5) I play with so it's virtually insignificant for me.

But I do understand why you're frustrated or irritated by this. Psychological aspects play a huge role in golf, both real and virtual. Don't let those negative feelings affect and dominate your game, though. Once again, you are not missing anything and the driver in your hand right now is as good as the L103 driver.

FYI, WGT usually releases new products before US open every year and it's about time. With a little bit of patience, you will probably witness a new L103 hammer soon. I know... If I were the decision-maker at WGT, I would have removed and replaced the old ones with the new at the same time.. but this is WGT and they do things differently more often than not. :-/

Good luck and happy hitting!

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Sat, May 25 2019 8:33 AM

Smith0557:
    Where is the replacement Driver for us to compete with other L103 and above players?

LOL - I find it interesting and a bit amusing that we are still addressing the pros and cons of a club that no one, including me, can get now or probably ever.

I don't discount any of the opinions either way, but I think it is a moot point until there is another similar driver in the Pro Shop - if ever!

Carry on and have fun!

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Wed, May 29 2019 2:50 AM

Good news, OP! Go and check out the pro shop.

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Wed, May 29 2019 5:50 AM

SimonTheBeetle:

Of course, now we'll see posts from people stating why the club isn't good enough to purchase or that it's not worth the credits. 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Wed, May 29 2019 7:25 AM

Robert1893:

SimonTheBeetle:

Of course, now we'll see posts from people stating why the club isn't good enough to purchase or that it's not worth the credits. 

LMAO Looks like you've mastered the whole flow of it. Yeah, lots of people complain for the sake of complaining...

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, May 29 2019 7:38 AM

Robert1893:

Heh, I'm not going to judge the club but it definitely isn't attractive enough for me to ditch the only driver I have-the no longer available level 98 8 degree R1. I got it the day it came out over 6 years ago and have yet to play against any other driver that it doesn't keep up with. More often than not, I'm hitting the approach second.  :-)

p.s., Spend your credits wisely, learn what you buy and and quit worrying about who's longest off the tee.  ;-)

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Wed, May 29 2019 7:48 AM

@YankeeJim

+1

• lonniescott711
    4,181 Posts
    Wed, May 29 2019 10:36 AM

Definitely a disappointing update of clubs . The M5 and M6 look identical cant tell them apart . The new gear doesnt even qualify as eye candy . Of course though there are still clubs yet to be added . The only high end club is the new L103 replacement but nothing at L100 . So I guess we`ll have to wait for next months update to get the rest of the clubs added .

Still waiting for the Odyssey replacement putters for the Sabertooth and Versa`s . Still dont understand why they wont just replace the clubs and be done with it . But this is WGT does anything they do make sense ?

• ander101
    390 Posts
    Wed, May 29 2019 4:35 PM

WTG, WGT , They have replaced a L103 old jelly donut with, yes a new, L103 jelly donut,

but it still is, a jelly donut.

I guess i will wait & see if they might add a bavarian filled , or an eclair.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Thu, May 30 2019 3:45 AM

lonniescott711:
    The new gear doesnt even qualify as eye candy.

I dunno, Lonnie... TaylorMade M5 Driver (L103+) looks tempting to me. :-)

RSS