Forums

Help › Forums

Help I lost my swing scale like where it turns green on putt preview, the scale is gone there!

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 13 2019 3:11 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DEsh5051
    8 Posts
    Sat, May 18 2019 2:28 PM

I tried reloading and even updating all my browsers, what's going on?

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Sat, May 18 2019 4:13 PM

DEsh5051:

I tried reloading and even updating all my browsers, what's going on?

You mean Putter Pal?

There is a small area - probably now greyed out - at the bottom left of the meter scale - where it usually says PutterPal in green.  Click that and turn it back on. 

• ItsTooSweet
    149 Posts
    Sat, May 18 2019 5:14 PM

The green putt preview only happens in practice mode if that is what you are referring too.

• DEsh5051
    8 Posts
    Sun, May 19 2019 3:52 PM

I see what your saying, but no, it's always gone, the entire swing power scale, is gone but the accuracy left to right scale is still there. I can only guess at the scaled shots because there is no line scale demarcations there anymore. 

And it is not the putting grid either. That still works. I also tried moving the adjustment for the scale when on the putting green, because that's the only time I see the up and down arrows for the scale, and it did not help, no lines were produced as I cycled through all the scales.

But the green blob does change size and location depending on the scale, so that still works too, but no line demarcations for the entire power meter! 

• WGTShamWow
    907 Posts
    Sun, May 19 2019 5:47 PM

I think what you are referring to are the Putter Pal and Shot Pal, which are the percentage marks on the swing meter. They are purchasable from the ProShop but are also given as a free bonus for being a member of a level 4 club or higher. If you have recently switched Country Clubs to this level 1 club, you wouldn't have these for free anymore until that club reaches level 2 for Putter Pal and level 4 for Shot Pal. 

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Sun, May 19 2019 7:52 PM

Your CC will not offer the Putter Pal and Shot Pal until it levels up some.

• DEsh5051
    8 Posts
    Mon, Jun 3 2019 2:10 PM

No, it was the swing power meter. It magically returned after being gone for 3 days. Nice way to dampen my score. 

• DEsh5051
    8 Posts
    Tue, Jun 4 2019 6:49 AM

Thanks for your helpful response. I could be mistaken, but this is not my first golf game either, so I will clarify. 

I believe I've had half, quarter, and 1/8th markings since I started and I would not have even continued if it was just an open area without common portion demarcations, that's only fair to provide with the game, not as a bonus or paid premium. I think zero golf games are done without a power gauge freely provided of some kind.

A curved swing graphic style, might be an exception, but a circle swing gauge is easier to see the mid point since it's' at the furthest side point on the arc, so the half point tends to be provided, but usually also quarter and 1/8 demarcations is common. 

However you don't even get a half ways indication from a blank straight line, which is what I was dealing with for half a week. Playing without any power gauge markings really sucked.

I no longer play here regularly. Go figure.

Maybe I just have a dark cloud following me around here, but,,,
    1)I can't figure out how to watch my saved replays after asking others how.
    2)I've lost at least 3 balls I paid for without going out of bounds.
    3)I can't change view as needed to see if clearing trees or other obstacles.
    4)No way of trading experience points to purchase stuff so it seems kinda meaningless since all other meaningful stats are retained. 
    5)Glitches and odd things. Occasionally something odd happens, like; loose swing power meter, gain a floating gift box, can't change the view, but did for first part of the course, these anomalies are sorta bummers when you must reload which pissed off half the golfers so much, some of them run away. 

Good luck with the glitches, these seem kinda large problems for such a long standing program. Thanks for your time and helpfulness. 

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Tue, Jun 4 2019 10:24 AM

DEsh5051:
    Thanks for your helpful response. I could be mistaken, but this is not my first golf game either, so I will clarify. 

First - the game is what it is.  Complaining will not change it.  It takes time and practice to get better - I am still learning and will be for quite some time.

The problem you had was Putter Pal, as I indicated in my first and second reply.  The solution was explained.  Joining a club greater than Level 3 gives you free Putter Pal and Shot Pal.

Items 1-4 on your list are on you.  That is the way the game is.  Play it or give up - it seems you chose the latter.

There are occasional glitches or things we can't explain, but most of them are user error and/or the variances that go with lower-end clubs and balls.

• DEsh5051
    8 Posts
    Sat, Jun 8 2019 4:57 AM

Perhaps your right. But I didn't join a club until recently and I always had that power guide, or at least from very early on. Also, it was absent in putting and clubs, unlike your first post which you seemed to suppose was helpful, but sorta missed the target.

Thanks for clarifying. 

I will try to watch my replays, and then that will possibly be all, too frustrating and too unpredictable.

Thanks all for all the assistance. 

• PAGES
RSS