Help › Forums

LESS COMMERCIAL TOTAL TIME ... UNDER 60 sedonds PLEASE

rated by 0 users
Mon, May 20 2019 1:45 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Mon, May 20 2019 4:02 AM

I play with top equipment and balls. I have NEVER given WGT money; only my time. WGT has provided numerous ways to get "free" credits at advertisers" expense. I have used that system. Anyone who believes that the business model that WGT put in place depends on the sale of virtual equipment and balls to show a profit does not fully appreciate the role advertising plays here. Make the comparison to "free" television and you will understand the power of advertising. Want to get rid of advertising? Look at systems like Netflix or HBO: subscriptions without ads.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Mon, May 20 2019 6:21 AM

HackWilson1930:
    Make the comparison to "free" television and you will understand the power of advertising. Want to get rid of advertising? Look at systems like Netflix or HBO: subscriptions without ads.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, May 20 2019 6:38 AM

borntobesting:

Most browsers now have some sort of ad blocker built in. Just activate it. And if it is one of the few that doesn’t it’s rather simple to add one to your  browser. There’s no need to yell when it’s an easy fix on your end.

+1....

and if you just right-click and select "submit this problem to wgt" then cancel the bug report the ad usually stops right then. (tip for those that can't figure out the ad block option)

• BazookahJoe
    19 Posts
    Mon, May 20 2019 10:55 AM

Thanks for the responses, but until someone sees their revenue report don't conjecture about the necessity of ad revenue. Apologists empower this kind of practice. I work in marketing and the drift toward monopolizing screen space, paywalls, etc. disgusts me.

Also, I have very kind Country Club friends who have tried to support me in generating credits from the provided "earn free credits" system. On a PC, they work great. Macs, they really don't. I have NO ability to watch videos on a Mac, surveys are extremely time-consuming and pay out about half the time I get to complete them (and working in marketing, I am booted from most), and on my iPad or iPhone I can watch up to about 5-6 videos for 2 credits each before I have to force quit and restart the app due to ad throttling.

Figure out the time it takes to actually earn enough for a sleeve of balls or a set of clubs and it would be more efficient to go mow some lawns. And we've all played people trying to navigate BPB with stock clubs and rocks and know that's not really practical. Calling the game free is only if you support keeping non-payers from being very competitive.

We don't have to beat this horse. Bundle ad-free with WGT "memberships" and I'm a taker... until then I am opposed to more than 30 sec of ads. Oh, and pop-up blockers also are touch and go on the Mac. The tip above is the only saving grace, which now posted, will probably be shut down by WGT.

Baz

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Mon, May 20 2019 1:13 PM

BazookahJoe:
    Thanks for the responses, but until someone sees their revenue report don't conjecture about the necessity of ad revenue

So, you're suggesting that they don't need ad revenue?

BazookahJoe:
    and on my iPad or iPhone I can watch up to about 5-6 videos for 2 credits each before I have to force quit and restart the app due to ad throttling.

Over the last few years, I've rarely had a problem watching ads on my iPhone or iPad. Each day, I can get anywhere from 200 to 500 credits, without difficulty.

BazookahJoe:
    Oh, and pop-up blockers also are touch and go on the Mac.

I've had a Mac for years. Ad blockers work just fine. 

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Mon, May 20 2019 1:45 PM

BazookahJoe:

Thanks for the responses, but until someone sees their revenue report don't conjecture about the necessity of ad revenue. Apologists empower this kind of practice. I work in marketing and the drift toward monopolizing screen space, paywalls, etc. disgusts me.

...So you are part of the problem, right?  BTW - don't assume  you know more about how advertising is used than others.

BazookahJoe:

Figure out the time it takes to actually earn enough for a sleeve of balls or a set of clubs and it would be more efficient to go mow some lawns. And we've all played people trying to navigate BPB with stock clubs and rocks and know that's not really practical. Calling the game free is only if you support keeping non-payers from being very competitive.

"Free" credits is an option.  It will not replace a paying job.  But it is something that can be done when doing othere things that don't require full attention.  I have upgraded my clubs to the max and play a good ball (you can check it out).  I don't spend $$ on it at all.  You get to choose and I chose free.

BazookahJoe:

We don't have to beat this horse. Bundle ad-free with WGT "memberships" and I'm a taker... until then I am opposed to more than 30 sec of ads. Oh, and pop-up blockers also are touch and go on the Mac. The tip above is the only saving grace, which now posted, will probably be shut down by WGT.

Baz

Frankly it is foolish to suggest a paid subscription system when the existing system works fine for those that understand it and - it obviously suits WGT.  They probably know well what works for them - more than you or I do.  Take what is offered or not.

• PAGES
RSS