Forums

Help › Forums

WTF????

rated by 0 users
Wed, May 15 2019 10:17 PM (23 replies)
  • jimshaw39
    675 Posts
    Tue, May 14 2019 3:31 PM

....and if you use YOU TUBE, search ''wgt young 46'' and you'll find 100 + videos Jason has made that are helpful. Jason is one of the good guys, a tour champion who is always willing to help, as are so many of the top players. Give him a look on TWITCH or YOU TUBE.

jim

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Tue, May 14 2019 6:56 PM

jimshaw39:

....and if you use YOU TUBE, search ''wgt young 46'' and you'll find 100 + videos Jason has made that are helpful. Jason is one of the good guys, a tour champion who is always willing to help, as are so many of the top players. Give him a look on TWITCH or YOU TUBE.

jim

+1 to this and the other suggestions to check out these players and their videos and streams.  They are very helpful.

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Wed, May 15 2019 9:53 AM

DoctorLarry:
    +1 to this and the other suggestions to check out these players and their videos and streams.  They are very helpful.

it is important to remember sometimes tips are "generalized" and / or potentially club / ball specific...

you can use the information as a starting point but it may not apply to your specific style of play or your club/ ball combination.  so if you continually observe odd results then consider adjusting or tweaking numbers or tips to your specific equipment and observations through play. 

there are so many different club/ball combinations that it is difficult to provide specific tips unless you play identical equipment.  just don't assume it will always work precisely... there also appear to be additional variables or factors built into the game that allow for more or less variance at times.

• Troywx62
    42 Posts
    Wed, May 15 2019 12:16 PM

DoctorLarry:

You can putt with the starters as well as with the 1000-credit balls.  Save your money and play with much cheaper balls until you master the clubs and balls.  

You need a lot of practice -    Play is what teaches us.

The approach shot to the green is one of the most important shots in golf - work on that.  Getting on the green in regulation and getting close to the hole will lead to easier putts and lower scores.  We have putting greens to practicet.  Other shots you can work on in practice mode using the mulligan to figure out the right shot for each situation.

Well said. This is advice a newbie like me needs to hear and heed!

TY

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Wed, May 15 2019 12:43 PM

el3n1:

there are so many different club/ball combinations that it is difficult to provide specific tips unless you play identical equipment.  just don't assume it will always work precisely... there also appear to be additional variables or factors built into the game that allow for more or less variance at times.

Excellent point.  

• Charlly92
    856 Posts
    Wed, May 15 2019 12:52 PM

Troywx62:

TY

I'd like to add to this for the benefit of newbies to the game if I may.

My belief is that too many new players are too quick to upgrade their clubs.

Balls, for sure, but clubs really shouldn't be changed as often as some think.

I think the secret is to get used to your clubs, no matter what they are...learn to know what they can & cant do, & therefore master them.

Once u have done this u can then progressively upgrade, but one at a time, & master that until the next.

I have "mastered" my starter putter to the point where I am so happy with it, I don't want a better one...& I HAVE tried many so called better ones. I always revert back to my starter ...the reason? Coz I know it, I know what its capable of, & I also know it's faults, but I just allow for that.

A lot will probly disagree with me, but I think this is good advice for new players to the game.

Charlly :)

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Wed, May 15 2019 12:57 PM

Troywx62:

TY

No problem.  It is a bit of the advice given to me along the way by wiser heads.  And YJ.

;-)

• kipdog87
    2,046 Posts
    Wed, May 15 2019 2:57 PM

I have never watched or care to watch others, my reason is simple i only play for fun, Ok yes i think that i am ok, but i have done it all by myself. This means to me that i can laugh at myself when i mess up, also i can say " YES " when the ball does as it is told lol. I now only play wth level 48 Taylormade balls ( 400 credits ) as they do what it says on the tin. In short please remember that this is only a game and not real life.

Mick

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, May 15 2019 6:00 PM

Charlly92:

I'd like to add to this for the benefit of newbies to the game if I may.

My belief is that too many new players are too quick to upgrade their clubs.

Balls, for sure, but clubs really shouldn't be changed as often as some think.

I think the secret is to get used to your clubs, no matter what they are...learn to know what they can & cant do, & therefore master them.

Once u have done this u can then progressively upgrade, but one at a time, & master that until the next.

A lot will probly disagree with me, but I think this is good advice for new players to the game.

That's great advice, and if a lot disagree with you they shouldn't.

The same could be said for ball.  A lot think if you buy a sleeve of 1000cr Pro V's, you're going to shoot better right away.  Not so.  The truth is if you haven't learned the game and taken the time to learn what your clubs & ball combination do, then just buying better equipment / ball isn't going to make much difference at all.

Cheers!

brad

RSS