Help › Forums

getting hard pins when request easy

rated by 0 users
Mon, May 13 2019 9:43 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DufferJohn7
    3,563 Posts
    Sun, May 12 2019 4:23 PM

For as long as I can remember whatever pins I select in advanced settings has no correlation to the pins when the tournament is published. It seems to be random, paying no attention to what the tournament host intended.

DJ7

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Mon, May 13 2019 4:10 AM

You all do realize that only 5 or 6 of the courses have 2 sets of pins. All the rest only have one set so selecting pins for those courses does nothing. 

• BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Mon, May 13 2019 6:29 AM

I have had the same problem. Just to make sure both pins got used at Bethpage Black in our 4 round tournament, I set them to be different in each of the 4 rounds. Still, the first 3 rounds all had the same pin placement on 15 (not sure about round 4 yet). I have noticed this problem ever since I started creating tournaments. I just assumed it has never worked properly. On several courses I have set the pins to be either hard or easy, and when the tournament got published, it was the opposite of what I had tried to set. 

I wish they would not only fix the issue, but make it more specific, like "pin placement 1" or "pin placement 2". It would be nice if we could adjust it for each hole, like we can for tees. 

BP

• DufferJohn7
    3,563 Posts
    Mon, May 13 2019 11:09 AM

borntobesting:

You all do realize that only 5 or 6 of the courses have 2 sets of pins. All the rest only have one set so selecting pins for those courses does nothing. 

Exactly right. The courses with a single set do not give a choice but simply say Default.

DJ7

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Mon, May 13 2019 11:16 AM

I think what you get is random.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Mon, May 13 2019 9:06 PM

DoctorLarry:

This!

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Mon, May 13 2019 9:43 PM

alosso:

DoctorLarry:

This!

I know because you said the same on an earlier reply!

• PAGES
RSS