Help › Forums

getting hard pins when request easy

rated by 0 users
Mon, May 13 2019 9:43 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • cedriver
    1,012 Posts
    Sun, May 5 2019 6:39 AM

When I want easy pins in setting up a tournament, i can never count on getting them. If i request medium, i may get hard. if i request hard, i may get medium. Last time i requested easy, I got hard pins. And yes, they are hard pins. For over a year this has been going on. Otherwise, a great game.

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Sun, May 5 2019 7:08 AM

Actually you are getting either hard or easy . There are only a few courses with optional pins .Those courses only have 2 selections . No course has 3 sets of pins and there is a bug with the pin selection . But like always WGT isnt concerned with fixing it as long as we can play and they can make money .

• cedriver
    1,012 Posts
    Mon, May 6 2019 6:26 PM

Perhaps if WGT would consider simply offering only default tees, setting the default tees up as easy tees. That way country club tournaments being set up wanting easy tees would get easy tees. That would be better than a crap shoot, would it not?

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Mon, May 6 2019 7:08 PM

cedriver:

Perhaps if WGT would consider simply offering only default tees, setting the default tees up as easy tees. That way country club tournaments being set up wanting easy tees would get easy tees. That would be better than a crap shoot, would it not?

You can set the tees by using the advanced settings . Just like the pins and the winds . All three can be set under the advanced settings . If you dont use the advanced settings then the game settings are all default settings . Thats how it works .

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Mon, May 6 2019 11:23 PM

Actually, you may assign three different pin sets on some courses, (KIA: medium, easy, hard), but you get random pins at most.

IMHO, there's no rhyme or reason which pins are used, and no specifically "easy" or "hard" pins.

Edit: And of course, there's no more than two pin positions on any hole.

• cedriver
    1,012 Posts
    Tue, May 7 2019 2:44 AM

cedriver:

sorry lonnie, I meant pins not tees. my very bad.

• cedriver
    1,012 Posts
    Tue, May 7 2019 2:52 AM

thanks lonnie, thanks alosso.

• cedriver
    1,012 Posts
    Tue, May 7 2019 10:48 PM

cedriver:

I meant PINS, not tees, so let me re-write this post:

Perhaps if WGT would consider simply offering only default pins, setting the default pins up as easy pins. That way country club tournaments being set up wanting easy pins would get easy pins. That would be better than a crap shoot, would it not?

• santa084
    114 Posts
    Wed, May 8 2019 3:20 AM

?

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Wed, May 8 2019 8:24 AM

The only problem with that is it would throw everything off . Easy pins are set for both Hacks and Amateurs in stroke play . If you want easy pins then you have to use the Advanced Settings when setting up a country club tournament .

All courses however dont have multiple pins to choose from . Some have 2 sets of pins but none have three .  The game will show you which courses have optional pins when setting up a tournament . There will be a drop down for pins giving you the option of which pins you want . Even though it may show you 3 options in truth there are only 2 to pick from .

When it comes to adding more pin placements to the game WGT is slower than a dead person . 

• PAGES
RSS