skip nav

Forums

What should constitute a lost ball?

Thu, Jul 4 2019 2:05 PM by DoctorLarry. 46 replies.
  • JasonDurham United States
    216 Posts
    Thu, May 2 2019 9:11 PM

Really WGT, what should constitute a lost ball?

Why should a ball be taken if it hits the rough?

Digg
    Delicious
  • whooshdangit United Kingdom
    1,143 Posts
    Fri, May 3 2019 9:45 AM

Hi

A lost ball is one that flies out of bounds or lands in a water hazard. (to the best of my knowledge)

Simply landing in or hitting the rough isn't enough. Could it be your ball was nearly worn out and by coincidence it gave you a new one ?

Cheers!

Rich

Digg
    Delicious
  • alosso Germany
    19,252 Posts
    Fri, May 3 2019 9:58 AM

JasonDurham:

Which hole, which place?

There are certain areas where the rough "eats" the balls. KIA #2, far right of the landing zone, comes to mind.

Furthermore, WGTland has hidden "internal" OOB areas. That is when the ball flies far enough off the center to an adjactant track - STA is prominent in this effect. Those balls disappear regardless, sometimes while flying. It should start on #3 at least.

Edit: Nope! Try to reach green #17 from track #1 - impossible! (take cheap balls!)

The reason may be that they did not take photos there, in direction of this hole's green.

In general, the shape of the mini map is close to the "inbound" area of the holes.

Digg
    Delicious
  • whooshdangit United Kingdom
    1,143 Posts
    Fri, May 3 2019 10:11 AM

ipso facto as it were . .

More details below

stolen not lost

Digg
    Delicious
  • Robert1893 United States
    5,071 Posts
    Fri, May 3 2019 10:14 AM

Digg
    Delicious
  • HackWilson1930 United States
    1,181 Posts
    Fri, May 3 2019 11:43 AM

Lost means you can't find it. When I play in real life I may miss the fairway. Since there is no gallery I have to search. If I don't find the ball it is lost.  Lost is lost whether it is WGT or IRL.

Of course, since you insist, I will call as you see it: WGT stole another of your balls.

Digg
    Delicious
  • BOZskills United States
    59 Posts
    Fri, May 3 2019 7:37 PM

+1 spot on!! Hack well said.

Digg
    Delicious
    216 Posts
    Fri, May 3 2019 7:39 PM

Yes stolen would be a great word to use

Digg
    Delicious
    216 Posts
    Fri, May 3 2019 7:45 PM

It’s was on the back side of Kaiwah and for the life of me I cannot think of the hole number. It has water running down the right side. I made a good pass at the ball and it ran just in to the rough on that side from the fairway. You could clearly see the ball stopping as it rolled into the rough. It’s said lost ball and made me tee off again. It would not be an issue if I clearly hit the ball way out. But for it to just role up and stop is a bit much to say lost ball.

Digg
    Delicious
  • DoctorLarry United States
    1,976 Posts
    Fri, May 3 2019 7:56 PM

JasonDurham:

Really WGT, what should constitute a lost ball?

How do you know the ball is in the rough if you "lost" it?

Lost is lost - meaning it went somewhere you cannot play it.  This is the way it is and ranting in your blog will not change it.

As Robert noted, you can play much cheaper balls with good success.  I think someone has previously recommended you replace your hybrid with a third wedge - a 56 deg one.  They really do help get closer to the hole on approach shots.

Digg
    Delicious
RSS