Forums

Help › Forums

Putting

rated by 0 users
Thu, May 2 2019 5:09 AM (6 replies)
  • Lutz1873
    5 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2019 3:05 PM

New player here. I am a little confused by the putting power bar sometimes it shows the green ppal and other times it doesn't. Also the green ppal sometimes appears to be wildly inaccurate? Any tips?

• gherkinhead1
    245 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2019 4:14 PM

Any tips?   Don't use it.

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2019 5:37 PM

Lutz1873:

New player here. I am a little confused by the putting power bar sometimes it shows the green ppal and other times it doesn't. Also the green ppal sometimes appears to be wildly inaccurate? Any tips?

At the far left end of the ppal you will see the logo for it . You can click on that to turn it on or off . So you may be turning it off / on inadvertently . This can happen when using full power with other clubs . Its fairly accurate you just have to learn how to use it . Like real golf putting is the hardest part of the game . Getting the right amount of power playing the break properly . All of which can be very hard and frustrating at times .

It takes a lot of practice and time to become a good putter in the game . Also the starter clubs arent the best clubs for playing with . In time you will get used to them but better clubs will definitely be in your future . Play well and have fun . :-).

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2019 6:02 PM

Lutz1873:

Actually Putter Pal just puts the lines on the bar for different percentages when you are on the green.  If you have Putter Pal, they are there all the time.  Shot Pal does the same for other shot types.

I believe the "green" part you are referring to is the estimator that you get when in "Practice" mode.  It is only a wide range for the given distance and green speed, and does not account for elevation change.  It is not much help, really.

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2019 10:10 PM
    The OP may be a mobile player playing in the coin rooms. The "estimator" shows up there as well, without any disclaimer that your mileage may vary/
  • alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2019 10:16 PM

+1!

Putter Pal (the scale) came for free for all members of your CC with CC Level 2.

• BronxBarrons154
    23 Posts
    Thu, May 2 2019 5:09 AM
    Hello Lutz and welcome to the game. I play the mobile version and it sounds like you are talking about the Putting Power Tip... the green bar that appears when you are on a putting surface. It can be confusing; sometimes you use all off the green bar while other times you do not. I have been playing for only a few months but have come to believe it is best for me to have this turned. You can turn off the Putting Power Tip by going into My Settings > Video and click this feature to toggle it off. As you may already seen, You will not have the “Tip” when you play Ranked or in tournaments... best to get used to not relying on it. 😀
RSS