How often do you upgrade clubs??

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 30 2019 1:16 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Sat, Apr 27 2019 7:56 PM

CaptPT57:
    I'm pushing or pulling everything, guess I just have to get used to the new/different meter speeds.

This has been an issue for me from day one, so I go for slower meters on everything, especially the ball.  

It is like a friend of mine that I used to play golf with in RL: he could hit the ball a mile - but never where he needed it.  I beat him to the green every time with shorter, but straighter, shots.  If I can't come close to dinging the meter, it does not help if the distance is higher!

• CaptPT57
    9 Posts
    Tue, Apr 30 2019 5:13 AM

Yeah, unfortunately I went back to my starter irons.. Pretty crappy but live and learn.. Wish we got a better trade in on clubs, thinking of buying different irons after only having these less then a week..

• middbrew
    318 Posts
    Tue, Apr 30 2019 9:18 AM

I'd definitely look at the slower meter clubs. I'd also look at matching the meter speed across all of your clubs, driver all the way down to the wedges. Look for those that have a high trajectory so you can get over some trees when needed.

I would then hold onto those for awhile as it takes quite a bit of time to learn how to use a set of clubs. It's better to practice practice practice then to think just buying new clubs every time they are available will improve you play. 

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Tue, Apr 30 2019 12:25 PM

middbrew:

I'd definitely look at the slower meter clubs. I'd also look at matching the meter speed across all of your clubs, driver all the way down to the wedges. Look for those that have a high trajectory so you can get over some trees when needed.

I would then hold onto those for awhile as it takes quite a bit of time to learn how to use a set of clubs. It's better to practice practice practice then to think just buying new clubs every time they are available will improve you play. 

^^^^^^^^ This!

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Tue, Apr 30 2019 1:16 PM

many people seem to ignore the option to use the "coin rental club sets" to buy some extra time before spending credits on clubs as you are getting started....

I did a comparison of a few of the rental sets in another thread to give people an idea what was available... these are not your end game clubs but something to give you a little extra boosts in the lower levels until you build up credits to purchase clubs.

Also when paired with some of the sponsor gear for the mobile coin games that is now available, they play reasonably well.  No you are not going to play competitively in the high end coin rooms with these clubs.... you lose your forward tee advantage in the higher coin rooms, but in the lower end coin rooms you should be able to play par golf and still make a few birdies to keep yourself winning coins to pay for your clubs.  

Here is the thing... if you can learn course management and use these type of clubs reasonably well... your game will easily adapt to better clubs when you buy them because you will have learned the value of scrambling for par and course management.

• PAGES
RSS