rated by 0 users
Thu, Apr 25 2019 12:19 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • JessicaOfCourse
    43 Posts
    Tue, Apr 23 2019 7:30 AM
    Zen and the Art of WGT Virtual Golf

I am asked often by fellow WGT players, "Do you play golf?"

Not lately, but yes, I once did.  I was introduced to golf in the non-virtual world by my ex-husband

He loves golf

His love of golf evidently stretches to eternity and beyond. He was always fond of saying that if he knew the world was ending he would find a golf course and play.

Why, I asked, play golf at the end of the world?

"Because golf takes my mind off everything"

I used to think he was seriously addicted to golf (he is and he is a scratch player) and despite his attempts to get me to play regularly (I became, at best, a bogey golfer) I could not see the attraction and distraction of the game.

Play at the end of the world?  Golf takes your mind off everything?

That is until now...and my introduction to WGT golf.

I play WGT exclusively on my phone.  And this allows me to play WGT on a stationary bike, an elliptical and even mixing a game in with yoga and stretching. 

If you're playing me and wonder why I totally miss a shot the reason is likely because I just fell off the elliptical (lol) 

Again, my ex was right (which was not often), golf, in this case virtual golf, takes my mind off of everything and focuses it on trying to figure how much break to play on a downhill putt on a slow green. 

As someone once said the Zen we find on the mountaintop is the Zen we carry with us to the mountain peak, the same holds true in WGT golf and life:  what we bring to the game...golf and/or life...determines our experience.

Enjoy WGT and...be sure to breathe deeply when you miss that downhill putt. ;)

Love and blessings,

Jess

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Tue, Apr 23 2019 10:01 AM

Hi Jess ,  Your missing out on the full experience .  PC is where all the fun is .

PS - Good first post .

• JessicaOfCourse
    43 Posts
    Tue, Apr 23 2019 12:12 PM

Thank you!  I will try PC somewhere down the line, but the phone works for my schedule and life.  I'm happy WGT has it across platforms, making it available to all.  Thanks again for your comments, look forward to playing sometime!  Wishing you all the best, Jess 

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Tue, Apr 23 2019 1:46 PM

Love Jess' post, too!

CEverett12:
    PC is where all the fun is .
    Certainly true in WGTland.

Other than that, the real thing counts a-thousand-fold. It is where LIFE is!

A tap of the index finger or the move of a mouse cannot substitute real experiences - nature, visuals, impacts, contacts...

Today, we had strong easterly wind in support, in opposition and crosswise. Dry fairways would let the balls bump forever, and in any direction. The greens were quite true but not as fast as expected. Four hours through the greens took their toll, but friends' company and two Pars close to the finish rewarded the effort.

I started with an anorack and finished in short sleeves - summer is near!

• JessicaOfCourse
    43 Posts
    Tue, Apr 23 2019 1:56 PM

Thank you! And, I agree, the real thing is always better than the virtual. Nature engages the senses like nothing else can...the smell of the salt air...the ocean breeze blowing its warm waves of wind...the sound of the surf rhythmically rolling onto the beach, yes, nothing in the virtual world can substitute for the sense of touching nature.  Thank you for reminding me, and forgive me for my flashback to holiday last week, it was amazing!  Wishing you all the best life offers and gives...love, peace and blessings, Jess

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Tue, Apr 23 2019 7:36 PM

JessicaOfCourse:
    Wishing you all the best life offers and gives...love, peace and blessings,

Same to you, Jess.

Attitude makes the world go around and a good attitude is to be blessed.

Have fun!

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Tue, Apr 23 2019 8:04 PM

This was a breath of fresh air, an' harkens back to former times. By all means Jess, please feel free to post any ol' time you'd like.These forums have gotten way to static, positive input is always a plus. FR sent.

Doc :)

• JessicaOfCourse
    43 Posts
    Wed, Apr 24 2019 5:01 AM

Thank you, Doc!  FR accepted! Thanks for the friend invite, look forward to play you soon! Have a beautiful, blessed day! Jess

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Wed, Apr 24 2019 5:49 PM

JessicaOfCourse:
    Thank you! And, I agree, the real thing is always better than the virtual. Nature engages the senses like nothing else can.

Goes for more than just golf :-)

• BogeyOne
    1,965 Posts
    Wed, Apr 24 2019 6:06 PM

pmm711:

Goes for more than just golf :-)

This forum is not your own personal toilet so stop putting your crap in it.

Nobody is amused. 

• PAGES
RSS