Forums

Help › Forums

Unable to send a "Gift"

rated by 0 users
Fri, May 17 2019 2:02 PM (7 replies)
  • BillyMayfair
    4,630 Posts
    Fri, Apr 19 2019 10:31 AM

Is it me or are these balls not available to be sent as a "GIFT" to someone....

Have had no problems with sending others balls, including other Cally's but have tried several times to send these but no "GIFT" button ever appears....??

Wayne (BillyMayfair)

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Fri, Apr 19 2019 10:36 AM

Most tiered items (e.g. "Legend+") cannot be gifted.

• BillyMayfair
    4,630 Posts
    Thu, May 2 2019 9:58 AM

alosso:

then this begs the next question....why are these - a level 45 ball - only available to Legends + players?   A spot check of the other brands of balls show only these, the MAX and WGT balls have any at all that are "tier" specific and can't be gifted...yet the Titleists, TM and even the higher level Calloways are not and are available to all players regardless of tier.

...seems strange.  I would assume WGT would change this so that these balls could be gifted, and thus WGT would get more $$

Wayne (BillyMayfair)

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Thu, May 2 2019 7:02 PM

Wayne: You have been associated with WGT for over 9 years. It is hard to understand why you would ask a "why" question about something that WGT does.

You must be person with a great deal of mental fortitude to have continued playing here for all of that time . You have been faced with all of the missteps that the company has made where a reasonable person in their employment would have yelled "Wait!"

What you are asking about is something that an employee did without taking a step back and reviewing what the decision would mean. There is no answer other than that they rushed forward. No thinking was involved!

Also you should note that WGT seldom if ever admits an error or backtracks.Their philosophy is ignore and it will go away.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Thu, May 2 2019 7:43 PM

BillyMayfair:
    why are these - a level 45 ball - only available to Legends + players?
    This I can only guess, it happened before my time.

In August 2010, "new" WGT Levels were announced and later introduced, look at the News from Aug 19, 2010. Before, equipment was primarily accessible by tier - see the Clearance Sale ad there.

My best guess is that those Legend balls are a remainder from then, though the type of Callies was introduced much later, as a replacement of older balls.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Thu, May 2 2019 9:33 PM

I must add, these are a decent ball, I use them from time to time, got a couple of sleeves in my ‘bag’. Only downside is the .2 durability, but for 300 credits...

BillyMayfair:

alosso:

then this begs the next question....why are these - a level 45 ball - only available to Legends + players?   A spot check of the other brands of balls show only these, the MAX and WGT balls have any at all that are "tier" specific and can't be gifted...yet the Titleists, TM and even the higher level Calloways are not and are available to all players regardless of tier.

...seems strange.  I would assume WGT would change this so that these balls could be gifted, and thus WGT would get more $

Wayne (BillyMayfair)

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Thu, May 2 2019 10:06 PM

BillyMayfair:
    then this begs the next question....why are these - a level 45 ball - only available to Legends + players?

You know, I was not around then, but maybe it is the sole gift available to Legends after we get hit with longer tees and faster greens all at the same time!!  Tiering up to Legend is painful!

• BillyMayfair
    4,630 Posts
    Fri, May 17 2019 2:02 PM

HackWilson1930:

Wayne: You have been associated with WGT for over 9 years. It is hard to understand why you would ask a "why" question about something that WGT does.

You must be person with a great deal of mental fortitude to have continued playing here for all of that time . You have been faced with all of the missteps that the company has made where a reasonable person in their employment would have yelled "Wait!"

What you are asking about is something that an employee did without taking a step back and reviewing what the decision would mean. There is no answer other than that they rushed forward. No thinking was involved!

Also you should note that WGT seldom if ever admits an error or backtracks.Their philosophy is ignore and it will go away.

Hack, you have nailed the answer...LOL....I should have known......

Wayne (BillyMayfair)

RSS