Help › Forums

Cameras

rated by 0 users
Sat, Apr 20 2019 12:58 PM (6 replies)
  • Roger2913
    132 Posts
    Fri, Apr 19 2019 9:43 AM

Hey WGT,

How about adding Reverse Fairway and Reverse Green cameras to the 14th and 18th holes at St. Andrew's?

Oh, and Kiawah Island could use a few more cameras as well. I'm sure your crack team of I.T. personnel could easily handle it!

Thanks!

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Fri, Apr 19 2019 10:20 AM

Roger2913:

Hey WGT,

How about adding Reverse Fairway and Reverse Green cameras to the 14th and 18th holes at St. Andrew's?

Oh, and Kiawah Island could use a few more cameras as well. I'm sure your crack team of I.T. personnel could easily handle it!

Thanks!

Unfortunately, WGT can only work with the camera angles that were taken at the real course when the virtual course was set up.  There are some places that are pretty awkward, but I don't think they will be adding and more angles.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Fri, Apr 19 2019 10:29 AM

A blast from the past...

I was looking through some of andyson's work, I really miss this guy!

• ScottHope
    10,013 Posts
    Fri, Apr 19 2019 2:10 PM

I think we all do Dan....  : (

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Apr 20 2019 5:56 AM

DoctorLarry:
    Unfortunately, WGT can only work with the camera angles that were taken at the real course when the virtual course was set up.

This is true for the most part however there IS a reverse camera view on SA#18 that was once in place but for some unknown reason was removed. That hole is a pain to aim on because of this now. 

You can see the view I'm talking about in the CTTH at SA. Never did make sense to me why they removed it.

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Sat, Apr 20 2019 11:33 AM

YankeeJim:

DoctorLarry:
    Unfortunately, WGT can only work with the camera angles that were taken at the real course when the virtual course was set up.

This is true for the most part however there IS a reverse camera view on SA#18 that was once in place but for some unknown reason was removed. That hole is a pain to aim on because of this now. 

You can see the view I'm talking about in the CTTH at SA. Never did make sense to me why they removed it.

Hmmm.  I never knew that.  I'm just too young for the ancient days..............;-0

Have not gotten around to many of the CTTH courses yet either.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sat, Apr 20 2019 12:58 PM

For your curiosity:

One of STA's CTTH courses shows a second pin position on #18: A back pin.

Unknown to any other situation, IIRC.

RSS