Forums

Help › Forums

Going from Master back to Tour Pro

rated by 0 users
Sat, Apr 20 2019 10:17 PM (4 replies)
  • TheCarGuy
    17 Posts
    Mon, Apr 15 2019 7:27 PM

I joined up in 2009. I played a lot then I stopped for a long time. I am at Master level but my average has gone up almost 10 strokes. Is it possible to be reclassified back to Tour Pro? I need to get me game back to Master level but I'm not even close to that point yet.

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Mon, Apr 15 2019 9:03 PM

TheCarGuy:

I joined up in 2009. I played a lot then I stopped for a long time. I am at Master level but my average has gone up almost 10 strokes. Is it possible to be reclassified back to Tour Pro? I need to get me game back to Master level but I'm not even close to that point yet.

Can't go back.  

Your average started completely over when you tiered up, and games prior to that do not count toward average.  You could just play some practice rounds for a while, although you might as well play them as ranked rounds so they count towards the next tier.  When you start getting your game back, the scores will come down and your average will start back down.  

GL with getting "back in the swing".

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Mon, Apr 15 2019 10:33 PM

Agreed!

The rise partly comes from the longer tees which need some adjustment in play.

Furthermore, after 40 ranked rounds (Master saturation) the worst scores will be expelled from your average, which makes for a nicer view on it.

Your clubs look o.k. for the moment - I recommend to change balls. These MAX are 600 cr a sleeve, and you will certainly find some comparable balls for a nicer price. Try the Srixon at 180(?) or the L33 Callaways at 250 cr. Tour SD are a tad faster but a budget offer at 65 cr! WGT balls are worth a look, too.

More important than the average is the fun of playing. Happy hitting!

• TheCarGuy
    17 Posts
    Sat, Apr 20 2019 9:42 PM

Thanks for the info. I did buy some very good balls and it helped a little. My issues now pretty much involve putting. No rhyme or reason behind my putting. Just some educated guesses. I saw a video where this guy uses a calculator to figure out his putts but that just seems like too much work to me. I have looked at some how to videos but I still don't understand the moving dots on the grid and how to read it properly. 

Thanks again, guys!

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sat, Apr 20 2019 10:17 PM

The most confusing facet of putting is green speed, which is indicated on top right and changes a lot while in the first tiers.

Other than that, it's "simple". Some hints:

- all balls act the same on the putting green, putters differ.

- putting power is linear. A 5% putt goes 5% of the full length.

- meter speed rises with amplitude - chose a higher scale.

- grid colours indicate elevation, moving dots indicate slope.

- treat any "-0" indication as uphill ;)

There are putter movements to help judge the pace, and Putter Pal for a power grid. There are some tables for the different green speeds available, and other advice => search.

RSS