Downhill & uphill

rated by 0 users
Wed, Apr 17 2019 9:45 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Tue, Apr 16 2019 11:40 AM

gerryniswonger:

This has been a friendly post.  Why the insult?

Sorry - it was not meant as an insult.

Holes play differently - you figured this one out and know the solution, so what else is there for someone else to do?

• gerryniswonger
    1,890 Posts
    Tue, Apr 16 2019 1:23 PM

Of course you are right Jim.  Well said.

• gerryniswonger
    1,890 Posts
    Tue, Apr 16 2019 1:27 PM

Apology accepted.,to your last question....The post was actually directed to WGT Programmers but they haven't responded yet.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Tue, Apr 16 2019 6:44 PM

gerryniswonger:

Apology accepted.,to your last question....The post was actually directed to WGT Programmers but they haven't responded yet.

Yeah, they don't always read every post in the forums - CS is the best way to get attention, but they may not be able to help with this one.

• TarheelsRule
    5,468 Posts
    Wed, Apr 17 2019 8:40 AM

In my course notes I have a note on all the holes that I play that don't play to the distance.

The 10th at Pebble Beach is one of them for sure.   However I would say that on virtually every course there is at least one.   One of the par 3 holes at Pinehurst, can't remember which right now is a good 5 yards shorter.

Pebble has 2 or 3 holes that play at a distance not true to what it says.     Even the first hole at Beth Page tends to play 3 or 4 yards long.

It's just something we deal with, I suggest that you put these in your notes and move on, it's a part of the game.

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Wed, Apr 17 2019 9:45 AM
    im thinking every course on wgt has at least 2 holes per course that doesnt play its calculated distance.......im sure if you asked mags or jason they would have a mental list of the quirky holes.......im assuming its a blip in the program or maybe wgt have incorparated the blip into the quirky holes to add some variables......its a little annoying sometimes but all part of the game .....happy golfing , regards mickey
  • PAGES
RSS