Forums

Help › Forums

Slicedpepper's Brother

Thu, May 9 2019 5:47 AM (152 replies)
  • bulkyboz
    734 Posts
    Mon, Apr 15 2019 10:12 PM

CEverett12:

Well today 4-15  makes two weeks . I doubt ForArt  will want to return ,  I don't blame him . 

Why don't they investigate the leaderboards ?

The congressional open , Hacks are scoring 60

Amateur's are scoring 60

Pro's are scoring 62

Really ?

April Pebble Beach 18 hole tournament  , Hacks shooting 61

April Wolf Creek 18 hole tournament  ,   Hacks shooting 58

April Kiawah 18 hole tournament   ,  Hacks shooting 58 

Really ?

I've been playing for 4 years and I cant score that good . Am I that bad ?

With all the level 0 club upgrades,  what hack, amateur, or pro couldn't shoot those scores?? Most of us had to put in our time to upgrade. Jeesh, not anymore. 

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Mon, Apr 15 2019 10:29 PM

gonfission:

Just a thought

If all the leaderboards are low level players, leading with ridiculously low scores;

Why are they not promoted to the appropriate level to match their scores?

Well wouldn't that be allowing multi-account cheaters?  The right thing to do in those cases is to kick the player from the game.  As for multiple accounts at one IP address or one computer...WGT needs to reevaluate that policy.  I barely have enough time to play one account.  If someone has 100 accounts and they suck, meaning they never win anything, then who cares?  If anything that's more money in WGT's pockets as that person will keep upgrading their equipment and buying balls.  Let the dude back already.  My God.

• amateur4sure
    2,195 Posts
    Tue, Apr 16 2019 8:47 AM

Any update on John WGT?

You made it clear with Your  `Not everything is as it seems`  comment, Is it not about time to share your findings with Your Community.

This is just leaving a very sour taste to a lot of People..

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Tue, Apr 16 2019 5:44 PM

I see the balance from another thread going away over this . Knock Knock Knock at the door ,  Who,s there ?  The community asking to open a door , Gift sent and the balance dwilndles ,  Open the door please before a window closes .

OPY 

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Thu, Apr 18 2019 5:18 AM

Not this time .

• cretedawg
    677 Posts
    Thu, Apr 18 2019 12:11 PM

i dont understand why a game with absolutely nothing to win worries about something like this?   any one else know?

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, Apr 18 2019 4:36 PM

cretedawg:

i dont understand why a game with absolutely nothing to win worries about something like this?   any one else know?

Probably for the same reason every other game developer worries about cheats and exploits. 

• gonfission
    2,229 Posts
    Fri, Apr 19 2019 2:17 AM

kavvz:
    worries about cheats and exploits. 

Hell, I've been cheated, and exploited all my life.

If you were born in America, so aren't you. Born into slavery of the mecha, meta machine.

"Go to work, pay taxes", so we can plunder your SS benefits, ect.

Anyone wishing to know about exploitation, need only look in the mirror, to find a plausible explanation.

Exhale on the mirror, if there is condensation, you are breathing, ipso facto, you are exploitable...

Apothegm

------------------------<*{{{{{-(

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Fri, Apr 19 2019 5:19 AM

There are several reasons why the WGT is wary of possible cheats. The integrity of the game is at risk if there are no rules or no way to police the game. If the standard is that people game the system and honest players cannot win tournaments, the reputation of the game is diminished. 

The game's possible reputation as being full of cheats would have no bearing on the basic fun factor that draw most players. However it would cause advertisers, the source of the majority of WGT's income, to question if WGT is a good place to put ads. WGT thus needs to protect its reputation.

The other factor is that credits or prizes that can be won in tournaments or drawings have value. For 165,000 credits someone can get a $250.00 gift card. And think of the stink when the winner of the trip to next years US Open is a known cheater.

WGT needs to curtail multi-accounts and cheaters. The "how" question is what they need to answer. If it continues to be based on the easy solution of one account for one computer then WGT needs an appeals process that works quickly. Good luck with that.

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Mon, Apr 22 2019 7:18 AM

I guess they are waiting for the DNA .

RSS