Forums

Help › Forums

Slicedpepper's Brother

Thu, May 9 2019 5:47 AM (152 replies)
  • TNB2017
    453 Posts
    Sat, Apr 6 2019 6:16 AM

This is ridiculous WGT! Art was a good friend to a lot of people and a US Marine! His brother has done nothing wrong and this should be handled within 1 day! The BS of "give it time" is not acceptable, very simple for someone to stop spending all the money everyone spends on here and do a quick investigation and re-instate John! I will not spend another cent on this game until this is handled and I may just go ahead and throw in the towel! Greed is a very ugly thing!

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sat, Apr 6 2019 6:24 AM

+1 Casey

*this will take my reply a week, I'm on mod!*

• amateur4sure
    2,195 Posts
    Sat, Apr 6 2019 8:05 AM

WGT please sort this fiasco that You have created out.

Every thread is surely scanned so you know only too well that Art passed away and you also know about his Brother John and what he is trying to do in Art`s Name.

Do not black mark this and smear Art`s good name, That would be shameful.

This situation should be resolved in Minutes let alone Hours or even Days.

Do the right thing and get it sorted now.

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sat, Apr 6 2019 8:42 AM

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sat, Apr 6 2019 8:43 AM

Thanks Guys !

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sat, Apr 6 2019 8:45 AM

WGT needs to review their policy on things like this.  I understand suspending someone's account when they're a multi out to take advantage of other players, but, just because two players use one computer (or even login on separate computers from the same address), and they're obviously NOT CHEATING OR STEALING FROM OTHER PLAYERS VIA SANDBAGGING, then what's wrong with that? 

I had issues like this when my brother was dying from Acute Myloid Leukemia (AML).  His grandson started playing his account after he died and they suspended his account,  I think it's because my great nephew sometimes played on my PC...as if family members should never share computers.  It was actually good for our grieving process to see Andymish still swinging his clubs through Damien.  Why shouldn't a kid get to take over his grandfather's account and keep him living on in a virtual world?  The laws allow us to bequeath our worldly belongings to another, so why not a WGT account?  It's good for those of us trying to move forward after the loss of a loved one.  I still miss seeing my bro's avatar. 

Come on WGT Champion...get with your folks and make this right.  And let my nephew bring back "andymish" too.

AND...focus on suspending the accounts of "real cheats"....there are plenty of them out there on your site.  It's like cops pulling people over for speeding or smoking a joint while the real criminals are in action.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sat, Apr 6 2019 9:17 AM

Hi everyone,

Thank you to all who have reached out to me and others privately as well. Due to the privacy rules, we cannot discuss this with anyone except the direct party (which would have been done via email). But, here is what I can tell you.

Not everything is as it seems. We are still investigating this, and we may be able to post an update later on, but one thing I can tell you for sure, nothing is as it seems. 

In the end, the most important factor for us is to keep our community safe and happy, while following the rules.

-WGTicon

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Sat, Apr 6 2019 9:20 AM

There is anecdotal evidence that suspended accounts have been allowed to begin play again. How did WGT arrive at this decision? If they have a way of verifying that a suspended account is not owned by someone who has another account, then why don't they reach out to account holders prior to suspending the accounts?

Obviously it is far easier to suspend accounts that are associated with the same computer or ip address than to take a customer friendly approach. The anger that WGT generates with their current policy of one account per computer is not business forward thinking. It also shows that WGT really has no way to prevent multi-account players. They say that they will investigate but all they actually do is suspend accounts linked to the same computer and then announce "Problem solved."

WGT, please contact owners of questionable accounts prior to suspending them. It would make life and business easier for all involved.

• gonfission
    2,229 Posts
    Sat, Apr 6 2019 10:09 AM

"OMG, one computer per house hold of 4 or more peeps"? This can't stand! "Gentlemen, we have to protect our phony baloney jobs here." Blazing Saddles...

Rise above it all. Karma is on the side of the deserving...

Still a BS move. However give it a week or so. I T peeps (GOOD ONES) are hard to find, and more difficult to keep.

This is the sole view of a person, that has been put in "time out", more than a spoiled four year old, in a year, during my senseless career in here.

Every time, CS has been kind, and succinct, with answering all queries I have put forth to them. I am NOT a forgiving person mostly. This time, may be time for some

Just saying, there are situations at play here, that are (were) proprietary......

Art has already been carried by six

The judgement of twelve is mute..... Give a soul its dignity...

My best to the reinstatement of the brothers love, of the honoring, of a fallen one

Image result for Boots Rifle Helmet

Godspeed......

-----------------------------<*{{{{{-(

Edit: Well done Icon

I did not see your retort, while in composition

• Leggoman13
    8,256 Posts
    Sat, Apr 6 2019 10:11 AM

WGTicon:
    Not everything is as it seems. We are still investigating this, and we may be able to post an update later on, but one thing I can tell you for sure, nothing is as it seems. 

As unfortunate and unpleasant the issue can be from both side. There are too many informations we don't know to really grasp a perspective on the whole situation.

Icon - thank you for replying. I am confident you guys will be fair and do the right thing according to wgt and community  rules and will render a decision based on all the facts.

Again it is unfortunate and unpleasant. I do not have any info on what is going on, and therefore can not comment on it that much more.

I wish all parties involved good luck and best outcome resolving this issue.

WGTicon:
    In the end, the most important factor for us is to keep our community safe and happy, while following the rules.

I feel for you ForArt and your good hearted intentions. Best wishes in this situation.

Casey - Hold on here. Take 2 and think, you have loads of supporters that have been backing you for ages. So please, don't leave and turn your back on us.

*******yes it is sucks for an honest family of 3 members (i.e. wife, husband and kid) playing on the same computer as they cannot afford more than 1 pc.  But rules are rules, as otherwise, how would you know which is which playing on an account on shared computer and I.P.

my 2 cents.

My thoughts and comments express in this post,  those not reflect on or any where else but my own opinion.

cheers

Pierre :o)

RSS