Forums

Help › Forums

Unbelievable

Sun, Jul 21 2019 1:44 PM (20 replies)
  • RCoffey8
    48 Posts
    Tue, Apr 2 2019 2:43 PM

How can you justify a shot hit with a ding turning into the wind? How do you justify a dinged shot with a tail wind, no spin and coming up 15-20 yards short? Although I appreciate the effort put in to making this game, since the introduction of Wolf Creek, this game has becoming ridiculous. The money we spend, we shouldn't have to worry about anything other than hitting shots and spending more money but, the enjoyment is fading.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Apr 2 2019 5:21 PM

Really...I haven't shot below 30 in so long...they effin us bro...man...it aint me...gotta be THEM!

FFS, get a grip.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Apr 2 2019 5:21 PM

Really...I haven't shot below 30 in so long...they effin us bro...man...it aint me...gotta be THEM!

FFS, get a grip.

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Tue, Apr 2 2019 5:28 PM

RCoffey8:

How can you justify a shot hit with a ding turning into the wind? How do you justify a dinged shot with a tail wind, no spin and coming up 15-20 yards short? Although I appreciate the effort put in to making this game, since the introduction of Wolf Creek, this game has becoming ridiculous. The money we spend, we shouldn't have to worry about anything other than hitting shots and spending more money but, the enjoyment is fading.

What do you mean "turning into the wind"?  "Dinging" does not remove effects of wind.

Also, when you say a shot comes up 20 yds short - what are you comparing to?  Your prediction?

Anyway, shot happens............;=)

• BogeyOne
    1,961 Posts
    Tue, Apr 2 2019 5:36 PM

RCoffey8:

How can you justify a shot hit with a ding turning into the wind? How do you justify a dinged shot with a tail wind, no spin and coming up 15-20 yards short?

What was the lie of the ball?  Big slope either up or down or left or right under your feet? 

Was the ball in the rough or fescue?

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Wed, Apr 3 2019 12:30 PM

I have seen a few odd ball shots that can't be explained normally... but one thing I have wondered... is it possible that somehow a glitch occurs where a shot is treated as an UEL shot rather than an even lies shot... now if a glitch like that occurred in the rendering of the shot, it would explain somethings we see.  

another possibility in the outcome of the shot...

what if for some reason one of the wind factors or shot parameters is "negated" meaning for whatever reason the wind under normal shot calculations is a 13 wind but in the math or rendering of the shot it ends up being treated as a -13 wind instead.  

-- Now, I have made these type of mistakes myself occasionally while typing a number into a calculator … so I suspect when the game implements some "real world" like play dynamics we occasionally get a WTF shot that mysteriously negates one of the shot parameters... and in doing so, it completely alters the shots expected outcome.  

I can't confirm either of these, but both seem far more plausible as possible explanation than "variance" or "user error".  I am not denying variance and user error occur but sometimes... I also clearly believe other nuances or glitches could be at play …  

• harpomaxx
    57 Posts
    Wed, Apr 3 2019 7:17 PM

Blame it on Swamp gas or aliens and hit the beer cart.

• Pego1986
    124 Posts
    Thu, Apr 4 2019 2:14 AM

Same here mate. I have screenshots when this happend to me and as well to random guy who played with me. This screenshot is from 2017 but from time to time it is still happens, not that often but it hurts if you play match challenge.

Me: https://imgur.com/BDAcZpR

Random guy: https://imgur.com/1iGWYTl

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Thu, Apr 4 2019 3:18 AM

RCoffey8:

I will have to take WGT's side on this topic and if you know me I RARELY will take WGT's side. 

The programming that goes into this game is off the charts. The way they have this game programmed DOES make "every shot" as realistic of a shot that is programmed into YOUR game and skill. Its crazy. 

Where I see inconsistencies in programming is on the green (putting). 

Either way, there is sooooo much that goes into programming we will NEVER - EVER be satisfies with EVERY shot and what is cool about that - It is called, THE GAME OF GOLF.  

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Thu, Apr 4 2019 5:27 AM

This Might help .

RSS