Forums

Help › Forums

Quitters for 3 minutes

rated by 0 users
Mon, Apr 1 2019 12:06 PM (32 replies)
  • TWEDLAKE
    174 Posts
    Sat, Mar 30 2019 6:39 AM

Hi. you guys ever going to fix the issue with quitters (mostly Champs) of a match leaving at the end when they're losing, and the match not counting towards their avg if they don't come back within 3 minutes?  I say 3 minutes because I've had Champ after Champ leave at the tail end of a match without a word when they're losing or don't have their precious -10 or better scores by just closing their browsers and not opening back up for 3 minutes.  I've had a handful of Champs tell me this is how they get around bad scores counting towards their avgs and it was just proven to me with a match I played with EV on 3/28.  BP front 9, I was playing regular match, Tizer was playing regular, EV was playing for XP so obviously his 1st round of day.  Neck/neck for 8 holes @ -3.  He tees off on 9 into the rough, I tee off onto fairway.  Rough don't play so well on that hole as you all know so he winds up @ bogey and me at birdie.  I birdie, he's up for final putt/bogey and he does nothing, time runs out, game does nothing, i refresh using F5 (IE) and comes back with "game over".  So I go look at my stats and the stats of Tizerguy.  Both show the BP match and our score.  Go look at EV's stats, the BP  round we were playing is not there but yet he played 8.99999 holes and just closed out  So this is actually true and I've had my suspicions before just never cared enough to follow up.   This irritates me to no end because what these guys are doing (and I'm sure it's more than just Champs - just for me every time it's been Champs) is circumventing the systems in place to keep their avgs low.  This guy (and just using him as example since it's in my face here) has been here since 2016, has less than 1/2 the ranked rounds I (and others do), less HIOs, less DBL E's, less birdies, avgs of birdies to rounds, eagles to rounds, pars to rounds etc.  But yet a 59 avg Champ?  Something stinks here WGT and obvious not an even playing field for all tiers of players.

• lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Sat, Mar 30 2019 7:59 AM

It would be nice if you would use paragraphs . No one likes straining their eyes trying to read a complaint letter . So you feel that you got cheated out of a game . OK so now what ? WGT cant force anyone to play out a match . If you cant do it how can they ? Dont play them any more and only play with friends and club mates .

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Sat, Mar 30 2019 8:18 AM

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sat, Mar 30 2019 8:41 AM

TWEDLAKE:
    Hi. you guys ever going to fix the issue with quitters (mostly Champs) of a match leaving at the end when they're losing, and the match not counting towards their avg if they don't come back within 3 minutes?
    (further rant snipped)

I know for sure that match play doesn't count to any TL's and a C's averages. I also know that the ave. resets after tier promotion and usually rises afterwards.

I also know quite sure that WGT won't fix any issues with playing habits or character issues of their customers. All is good (mostly) if the Rubel rolls in.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Mar 30 2019 9:35 AM

Just another meaningless generalization.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sat, Mar 30 2019 10:03 AM

YankeeJim:

Called one of his playing opponents a cheater too, there to see on his profile page.

Nice!!

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Sat, Mar 30 2019 10:31 AM

@TWEDLAKE

You posted to the player, "every time I've ever been in a match with you..."

Reminds me of the high school student you came home really mad one day. His mom asked him what happened. He said, "I failed another math quiz. Every Friday, we have a surprise quiz in math."

At some point, wouldn't one know what to expect and adjust accordingly? Jus sayin. 

• TWEDLAKE
    174 Posts
    Sat, Mar 30 2019 1:48 PM

alosso:

TWEDLAKE:
    Hi. you guys ever going to fix the issue with quitters (mostly Champs) of a match leaving at the end when they're losing, and the match not counting towards their avg if they don't come back within 3 minutes?
    (further rant snipped)

I know for sure that match play doesn't count to any TL's and a C's averages. I also know that the ave. resets after tier promotion and usually rises afterwards.

I also know quite sure that WGT won't fix any issues with playing habits or character issues of their customers. All is good (mostly) if the Rubel rolls in.

MATCH was simply used to paraphrase GAME.. I know MATCH play counts for just about nothing here

• TWEDLAKE
    174 Posts
    Sat, Mar 30 2019 1:49 PM

YankeeJim:

ah so now you're going to start stalking my posts because I called you out for being a COMPLETE JERK to other members here?

Nice going and just shows your true character

• TWEDLAKE
    174 Posts
    Sat, Mar 30 2019 1:52 PM

andwhy67:

YankeeJim:

Called one of his playing opponents a cheater too, there to see on his profile page.

Nice!!

because that's exactly what he's doing.  circumventing the same system everyone else plays to maintain his avg.  This has been going on for a long time here on WGT, and truth be told I only see champs doing it.  So stands to reason why you would all stick together to attack me for calling out one of your own for cheating..

RSS