skip nav

Forums

ranked rounds til AV lock

rated by 0 users
Sun, Apr 7 2019 11:43 AM by DufferJohn7. 27 replies.
  • cedriver United States
    809 Posts
    Thu, Mar 28 2019 8:50 PM

Since the addition of the Tour Champion tier, the number of ranked rounds required to play as Tour Legend to lock AV has increased from 200 to 750. Does anyone know the new numbers for the other tiers?

Digg
    Delicious
  • Robert1893 United States
    4,706 Posts
    Fri, Mar 29 2019 6:54 AM

cedriver:
      Since the addition of the Tour Champion tier, the number of ranked rounds required to play as Tour Legend to lock AV has increased from 200 to 750. Does anyone know the new numbers for the other tiers? 

From what I can tell, the other tiers remain unchanged for number of ranked rounds to saturate. 

Digg
    Delicious
  • LEDzZzEPP Uruguay
    445 Posts
    Fri, Mar 29 2019 3:45 PM

The number of rounds really matter?...when the people are able to reach Champ+ tiers....playing CC tourneys from Red Tee's?, this is still working that way?

Digg
    Delicious
  • K7JBQ United States
    1,313 Posts
    Fri, Mar 29 2019 9:19 PM
    Yep, dumbest thing WGT ever did. You never know when you draw a champion in a round (unless, of course, you've played before). Some of them are really good. Some can't drive a nail in a snow bank .
    LEDzZzEPP:

The number of rounds really matter?...when the people are able to reach Champ+ tiers....playing CC tourneys from Red Tee's?, this is still working that way?

Digg
    Delicious
  • alosso Germany
    19,165 Posts
    Fri, Mar 29 2019 11:37 PM

LEDzZzEPP:
    The number of rounds really matter?
    Of course - this is one of the imminent players' grinds that pay WGT's bills, in line with levelling up as a player and as a CC, and the recurring frenzy of "winning" the Clash events.

Digg
    Delicious
  • Syxguns United States
    178 Posts
    Mon, Apr 1 2019 5:07 PM

cedriver:

Shoot, I just turned Tour Legend....  750 rounds really?  That means if I have a bad round my avg. jumps through the roof, and it's tough to drop it.  I haven't been playing certain courses that I enjoy because I'm lucky to hit a -4 on them.  Then I have to spend a couple of days playing courses I play well just to drop my avg. again.

I remember when I turned Legend and my avg. got up in the 70 range.  It takes forever to drop it at only -.01 for a 6 or 7 under.  Guess I'll just have to deal with the old play a hard course, then play several easy courses.  I'm at 61.38 and I really don't want to go over 62.  It will be a real monster to get to the average of 55.

Oh well!!

Digg
    Delicious
    4,706 Posts
    Mon, Apr 1 2019 6:41 PM

@Syxguns 

Just a quick note of clarfication, to go from TL to Champion tier, the required average is 59.00. 

You'll need a 55.00 to go from Champion to Tour Champion (along with 200 rounds at Champion tier). 

Digg
    Delicious
  • alosso Germany
    19,165 Posts
    Tue, Apr 2 2019 12:58 AM

@Syxguns

(compensate high scores with low ones to keep the ave. down)

No need to to so - saturation will take care of the higher scores, locking them out one by one, once you exceed 750.

Eventually, all that counts is a number of scores (750 for TLs) which form an average of 59.000 or less. Those high scores afflicting you now will have been buried in oblivion. Dealing with more courses will make you a better, more versatile player!

Sidenote: The following text, without the intermitting exclamation marks, provokes a "security alert" and blocked my post invariably:

A!nd, B!TW, d!on't t!alk of s!cores +-P!ar b!ut a!bsolute n!umbers. Y!our !"!-4!"! m!ight r!epresent a!nything b!etween !(34-4)*2=60! a!nd !72-4=68!...!

Digg
    Delicious
  • grossstadtkerl Germany
    96 Posts
    Wed, Apr 3 2019 7:18 AM

cedriver:

Since the addition of the Tour Champion tier, the number of ranked rounds required to play as Tour Legend to lock AV has increased from 200 to 750.

Is this confirmed right now??

Digg
    Delicious
    4,706 Posts
    Wed, Apr 3 2019 8:36 AM

grossstadtkerl:
    Is this confirmed right now??

Yes, according to this player:

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/567054/3908684.aspx#3908684

I advanced to Champion this morning.  I am prepared to declare that the advancement requirement to go from Tour Legend is 750 countable ranked rounds.  I had 753 total RR but 3 rounds were non-countable par 5 only rounds.

Edit: I apologize for not being clear. The above is a quote from that player at the link I provide. I didn't just advance to Champion.

I posted it somewhat hurriedly and didn't take the time to clearly say that I was quoting that person. 

Digg
    Delicious
RSS