rated by 0 users
Tue, Mar 26 2019 8:26 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DarthMo0
    43 Posts
    Sun, Mar 24 2019 11:45 AM

Robert1893:

DarthMo0:
    Thanks, all, I went ahead and grabbed them.  Plus there was the "bonus" where I forgot to sell my old wedges so this set only cost me 11,000 credits out of pocket right now.

Congrats on the new clubs!

By the way, I think you mean 1,100 credits and not 11,000. :-) 

Thanks! And yes, 1,100 :-) 

• Faz2000
    93 Posts
    Mon, Mar 25 2019 3:41 PM

Those are definitely good sticks. I've got the slightly older Cally L85 ones, but those were a big upgrade on some L59 (from memory) Pings at the time and are still doing me proud in the level 90s.

Next irons might "final" irons, I think.

• dadddioooo
    17 Posts
    Tue, Mar 26 2019 3:54 AM

Personally, I think that it’s a no brained. Look at the differences in the clubs.  The most glaring difference is the meter speed, RBZ-3.0, Rogues-4.4. That alone would be enough to make me change clubs, but the Rogues are also a ittle more forgiving, and have a slightly wider range in the distances from low to high. With the meter on the Rogues, it would allow you to hit the “ding” more often, allowing you to be more accurate with your shots. If I didn’t have the Nike Vapor irons, those would be the ones that I would have gotten. For the credits, it’s about the best deal in the pro shop right now

• DarthMo0
    43 Posts
    Tue, Mar 26 2019 8:26 AM

dadddioooo:

Personally, I think that it’s a no brained. Look at the differences in the clubs.  The most glaring difference is the meter speed, RBZ-3.0, Rogues-4.4. That alone would be enough to make me change clubs, but the Rogues are also a ittle more forgiving, and have a slightly wider range in the distances from low to high. With the meter on the Rogues, it would allow you to hit the “ding” more often, allowing you to be more accurate with your shots. If I didn’t have the Nike Vapor irons, those would be the ones that I would have gotten. For the credits, it’s about the best deal in the pro shop right now

What was giving me pause was that this set was only one set removed from the ones I had, so I didn't know if it made more sense to wait for the L90 set.  I don't mind spending the money, but with the learning curve I didn't want to pick up a new set only to want to upgrade again in a couple months when I hit level 90 and have to learn yet another set.

I'm still adjusting to the yardage, but the meter speed makes a world of difference as far as hitting greens in regulation vs tricky bunker shots. I'll take a 20' put over a 14 yard bunker shot any day.

• PAGES
RSS