Help › Forums

Level 85+ Callaway Rogue Irons

rated by 0 users
Tue, Mar 26 2019 8:26 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DarthMo0
    43 Posts
    Sat, Mar 23 2019 12:16 PM

The most challenging part of my game (well, goes in hand with putting) is par 3s because I struggle with the long irons.  On long par 3s I usually end up in the bunker or collection area and struggle to make par, hoping I don't double.

Well the Callaway Rogue L85 are in the flash sale for 2,584 credits from 3,445 and offer much better meter and better forgiveness than my L79 Rocketbladze.  I can sell the RBZ for 645 credits, so basically the Callaways will cost me 1,900 cr.

Is this a no brainer or should I try to level up more?  I play primarily mobile games and have no daily streak so it will be quite some time before I can look at the next available set of irons.

Should I pull the trigger or will I not see much of a difference?  Thanks in advance for any tips.

• Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Sat, Mar 23 2019 12:57 PM

If it were me and given the constraints you mention, I absolutely would purchase them.

While there's no doubt that the Level 85 clubs will be replaced by something, I doubt they'll be substantively different (in terms of specs). But it wouldn't surprise me for the replacement irons to cost a lot more. 

I think the cost of the replacements will be somewhere between 1,000 and 1,500 credits more than Callaway Level 85 irons' current sale price. 

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Sat, Mar 23 2019 3:23 PM
    +1, grab 'em before they're gone.
  • middbrew
    318 Posts
    Sat, Mar 23 2019 4:42 PM

I think you will see a difference in the meter speed and the use of the pitching wedge. I do believe that the long irons might hit very similar. If you want to see a huge improvement in stopping power on the greens with the long irons you might try a ball with more spin then the cally L37.

That being said, if you know that you aren't going to reach the higher levels any time soon that's a great deal on those clubs  

• lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Sat, Mar 23 2019 6:14 PM

Like you said its a no brainer so get the clubs . You`ll still have plenty of time to level up later and get other clubs .

• DarthMo0
    43 Posts
    Sun, Mar 24 2019 6:44 AM

Thanks, all, I went ahead and grabbed them.  Plus there was the "bonus" where I forgot to sell my old wedges so this set only cost me 11,000 credits out of pocket right now.

• middbrew
    318 Posts
    Sun, Mar 24 2019 7:06 AM

I see that you decided to get the clubs. Enjoy them and have fun!

• maoriand1
    1,279 Posts
    Sun, Mar 24 2019 7:07 AM

Robert1893:

If it were me and given the constraints you mention, I absolutely would purchase them.

While there's no doubt that the Level 85 clubs will be replaced by something, I doubt they'll be substantively different (in terms of specs). But it wouldn't surprise me for the replacement irons to cost a lot more. 

I think the cost of the replacements will be somewhere between 1,000 and 1,500 credits more than Callaway Level 85 irons' current sale price. 

it s taken for granted that.. they are on sale now. for sure the cost of new irons will be more expansive. it would not have sense the flash sell if the cost is the same. :)

• Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Sun, Mar 24 2019 7:17 AM

maoriand1:

it s taken for granted that.. they are on sale now. for sure the cost of new irons will be more expansive. it would not have sense the flash sell if the cost is the same. :)

I understand that. But you miss my point (or simply choose to ignore it). My point is that new clubs, when introduced, will probably not be substantively different and will be at a much higher price. 

Both characteristics are important here. So, to belabor the point, yes, sale prices are generally lower. ;-) But that fact, by itself, does not necessarily make the product a good purchase or good value. 

If one were convinced the new clubs would be much better, then the sale price becomes a lot less attractive because the new clubs would have more value. Simply put: value and price are not the same thing. 

• Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Sun, Mar 24 2019 10:45 AM

DarthMo0:
    Thanks, all, I went ahead and grabbed them.  Plus there was the "bonus" where I forgot to sell my old wedges so this set only cost me 11,000 credits out of pocket right now.

Congrats on the new clubs!

By the way, I think you mean 1,100 credits and not 11,000. :-) 

• PAGES
RSS