Forums

Help › Forums

MONACO ROOM

Fri, May 31 2019 11:26 AM (77 replies)
  • WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Thu, May 23 2019 1:25 PM

Smith0557:

3 months later and it has only become a more rampant problem.  TW's are an absolute joke as long as the back room swaps and fake accounts continue especially in Monaco. 

The change is coming. Seriously, I promise it's coming. 

_CHAMPION 

• MCalderon402
    348 Posts
    Thu, May 23 2019 1:51 PM

With a 50 or 100m entry! Folks with no skills don’t belong. 

• MCalderon402
    348 Posts
    Thu, May 23 2019 2:03 PM

Do not screw over the folks who win. 2.5m bell is BS. Most there have 100s of millions so bellagio is boring. If you are planning to change something ask the affected community and not the cry babies. If you change Turf War chance clash to percentages. It is so unfair and take zero skills to win clash. Its BULL if you cater clash only. 

• AlaskanDame
    18,965 Posts
    Thu, May 23 2019 2:04 PM
    WGTChampion:

Smith0557:

3 months later and it has only become a more rampant problem.  TW's are an absolute joke as long as the back room swaps and fake accounts continue especially in Monaco. 

_CHAMPION 

Oh, I do hope so! Sooner rather than later . . . . Thanks, Champion.
  • Alain760
    350 Posts
    Thu, May 23 2019 2:28 PM

Thanks Champion , i really thought that the subject i launched was forgotten, and i am happy to hear these news.

And by the way "the crying babies" are not who you think 😉

• MCalderon402
    348 Posts
    Thu, May 23 2019 2:36 PM

Bring on the 100 million room or then make silver available to use in proshop. Talk to the community who turf and not clash. I do more turf than clash and clash is the most stupid thing on WGT. a team with bad players will win because of number not skills. It's bull. Clash is what needs to change. I can get a gold putter by not participating and wasting time in clash. 2 weeks and 100's of dollars use for 1 putter. take that and multiply. it's not worth it. 

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Thu, May 23 2019 5:12 PM

WGTChampion:

_CHAMPION 

Thank you Champ. 

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Fri, May 24 2019 9:26 AM

Multiple threads all going on the same topic now... seems counterproductive...

I am not a big coin game / TW participant but I have observed a lot of what goes on.  It sounds like WGT is in the process of taking steps to resolve one of the major TW issues but it is unlikely to address all of them.

I will point out aside from the "bug" or exploit in clashes awhile ago where people were using superpasses on courses that were not included in the rotation and racking up massive points with the scoring multipliers... which WGT did in fact intervene and address...

WGT did attempt to incorporate more Skill based factors into the clashes by awarding bonus points for greens in regulation, sand saves, putts made, etc... all of which are SKILL BASED.  It is not quite as easy to hack or cheat to earn those scoring multipliers and the bonus points...  Yes volume can still make a difference but that is part of the goal to get more people playing.  That said, I have also seen smaller clubs who play smart and strategically effectively clean up all the bonus points, top off the scoring multipliers and keep clash rounds close while still winning many times against bigger clubs...

So claiming Clashes require no skill is NOT entirely accurate.  

mobile TW on the other hand can easily be exploited with ZERO skill involved.  players meeting up and throwing matches, racking up millions of points is NOT in any way skill based.  This does not mean skilled players are not doing this legitimately... many are... but it is also far more exploitable than anything that can be done in a clash.  

In a clash you have to post a score to earn those points... you can't simply forfeit or throw a match to an opponent and still receive maximum points.

I am not lobbying for greater participation in Clashes or not participating, just observing and noting... WGT has listened, WGT has made changes, and WGT has intervened when something was taking place that was completely against the terms and conditions of play.   It only seems reasonable and plausible, they do so likewise with the TW - which has obviously gotten out of control.

Am glad to see WGT - has indicated they will or are taking steps to address one or more facets of what is happening.  

• mightyj3
    44 Posts
    Fri, May 24 2019 10:25 AM

Regarding Monaco, 

Myself and lots of other members from different clubs have asked repeatedly for a bigger room than bellagio. 

Since this has fell on deaf wgt ears we play games out in Monaco in the hope to hook a big game, we also stream all these games on omlett arcade so everyone can see there is no cheating going on. 

I have been accused of cheating by a3 fire station  and when I tried to exain that I had screenshot and my game was streamed and watched by many I still got suspended which was ridiculous. 

And more recently our club just got accused by durock East for Monaco dumping when no one from my club played there, we easily put up 500 mill to 1 billion all by bellagio, manhaton , Tokyo etc 

Our club wants an apology from smith0557 for his false allegations 

Do the sensible thing wgt and make a bigger stake room

Mightyj3 

• BenjyLafond
    11 Posts
    Fri, May 24 2019 10:27 AM

I am the owner of a mid-sized club and have no issue with Monaco being used in TW.  Simple solution is to make it so only Monaco's that count are when the teams playing each other match.  This prevents coin dumping and gives both teams an even shot with Monaco in play.

RSS