Forums

Help › Forums

MONACO ROOM

Fri, May 31 2019 11:26 AM (77 replies)
  • msb1977
    12 Posts
    Wed, Mar 27 2019 12:36 PM

HalHoff:

Also a lot of the Monaco players use an outside app to set up Playing Monaco matches which takes away the random matchups the way the other rooms work. That explains some of those last hour victories described a little ways back. The majority of Monaco matches aren’t for large amount of coins unless arranged I don’t think.

Correct. And, big Monaco victories can also be bought for a few sleeves of balls and a “you scratch my back now, I will scratch yours later” arrangement. 

• MCalderon402
    348 Posts
    Wed, Mar 27 2019 12:36 PM

I am well aware he is and we honor that. But just like your club you guys go into monaco amd use passes as much as you gus want. So you can go saying that you want it off if you guys are there often. 

but of net is introduced monaco can stay or not. But honestly having a game with committees on a side, people complaining takes away from the fun as WGT Golf is a game in case you forgot.

• Alain760
    350 Posts
    Wed, Mar 27 2019 12:50 PM

I opened this post with the idea of having the agreement of club owners not to use Monaco room only during Turf war, but i think now that its a waste of time because i see that even if the owner agree some players dont.

So WGT must bann simply this room from wars because of the undescent amount of coins you can score on leaderboard, and for all the cheating that happen in this room.

Unfortunatly cheating are in bellagio too, i have experienced a thing, last turf war i check the leaderboard to see how it goes, i check it 12 minutes after and it appears that a player who didnt play before had 18 millions coins on the board, 4 bellagios in 12 mn how can it be possible? Someone must explain it to me.

• HalHoff
    815 Posts
    Wed, Mar 27 2019 1:11 PM

Don’t understand your typing sir (mcalderon) As far as playing Monaco, we have not  and will not allow our members to play there when we are in a war with any of the top clubs that there is a gentleman’s agreement with. They have played there in wars against clubs that aren’t competing. As you know, the vast majority of your TW opponents don’t really play.

The top clubs are also smaller clubs and are in a TW daily as opposed to the larger active clubs that takes 2-3 days to start a new war. All have to play passes double the membership size to start a new war. So as far as the leaderboard goes, large clubs are at a disadvantage from the daily trophy earning standpoint the small clubs obtain as not all their members are TW focused.

• AlaskanDame
    18,958 Posts
    Wed, Mar 27 2019 1:58 PM

HalHoff:

Also a lot of the Monaco players use an outside app to set up Playing Monaco matches which takes away the random matchups the way the other rooms work. That explains some of those last hour victories described a little ways back. The majority of Monaco matches aren’t for large amount of coins unless arranged I don’t think.

There's an "outside app" for setting up matches on mobile?  Please share name. . . it would be useful for some of our CC tourneys, like Ryder Cup format.   Mobiles seem to have a hard time finding each other.  Thanks

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Mar 27 2019 2:35 PM

AlaskanDame:
    There's an "outside app" for setting up matches on mobile?  Please share name. . .

probably just a messaging app.  

• HalHoff
    815 Posts
    Wed, Mar 27 2019 2:42 PM

There are several. Some use discord, Line, WhatsApp. We use Telegram and run our club League tourneys. BestBall, Main chat, Turf Wars and inter club tourneys through the app. We have a monthly event calendar, Club news channel, Tips channel.  We can set up team rooms, scorecard posting rooms etc.

We use our WGT names as our first names, our real first names as our last names and our WGT names again as our USER names, that way members can easily be added to different rooms we create. Communication can be instantaneous. Messages can be edited, forwarded, deleted etc as well as one on one messages if setting up BestBall matches or training new members.  If they have set up their USER Name correctly, you can use the search box on telegram and type in @theirwgtname and can then contact them that way.

We have set up club vs club events with Classic Club, BananaSplits, NYCClub and SilverMine so far this year using the app. We can set up identical tourneys between clubs and post results (using excel spreadsheet). Can also use the app to set up H2H coordinated matches. We ask players NOT to use PuttPreview when playing as unfortunately WGT doesn’t have that option limited to practice rounds only. All players would have to have telegram downloaded if setting up H2H matches, otherwise if just using tourney format only 1 representative would have to have it to communicate with us.

• AlaskanDame
    18,958 Posts
    Wed, Mar 27 2019 3:27 PM

Thank you.

• davidschroff
    15 Posts
    Fri, Mar 29 2019 11:24 AM

I like the net vs gross argument, but with Monaco there will always be a much higher percentage of questionable outcomes. If Monaco is off the table for TW, it becomes a lot more difficult to manipulate the match 5M coins at a time if the winner has 800M. I would be fine with a higher limit room than Bellagio, but in my opinion Monaco should be off the table in any TW...     

• Smith0557
    8 Posts
    Thu, May 23 2019 12:13 PM

3 months later and it has only become a more rampant problem.  TW's are an absolute joke as long as the back room swaps and fake accounts continue especially in Monaco.  It's not even under the table any more.  So many people are doing it the top clubs just have a who has more friends and fake account contest.  Monaco completely ruins the game.  Pretty easy to tell who some are when they never lose a TW and can't even finish that strong in Clashes with all of the Super Passes.  No need to even ban players at this point there are so many cheating and offering partnerships with other clubs to swap and cheat.  Remove Monaco with nothing higher than Bellagio and the cheats would have to work just as hard as the legitimate players, which will never happen cause they are too lazy for that. 

RSS