Help › Forums

MONACO ROOM

Fri, May 31 2019 11:26 AM (77 replies)
  • Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Tue, Mar 26 2019 12:54 PM

jason01291:
    Can't stop people going into Monaco

You can render it ineffective. Pretty simple coding to not allow Passes to be used in Monaco. no passes no problem. 

if you want TWs to be the most fun. you do 2 things.

1)remove Monaco from being counted. (this also will make  WGT more money)

2)implement a NET scoring for the club instead of Gross winnings. make the losses count too.

• MCalderon402
    348 Posts
    Tue, Mar 26 2019 1:43 PM

Yes, net vs gross is key and also remove Momaco but add a higher stakes room. Also, make sure that if someone forfeits because they are about to lose that it registers. Out win vs loss record in my friends it’s distorted because it doesn’t register the forfeits as wins nor the loses if someone forfeits. 

As Jason write the coding of using pass in Monaco should br a quick change. The net coins will need testing and also the registering kf win and loses right. (Someone doesn’t have to be in IT to know some coding is easier)?

• Chicubs10
    24 Posts
    Tue, Mar 26 2019 2:15 PM

LMAO I thought he had 22 billion.  He did lose a few and is probably closer to 20 billion now.  Heck he can fund the wall.  Someone get him in touch with Trump.  Maybe twitter??  But hey let's not call anyone out.  I'm sitting at a paltry 800 mill so unfortunately I can't build the wall. 

• MCalderon402
    348 Posts
    Tue, Mar 26 2019 4:33 PM

Would be cool if we can just drain the swamp then things would reallyget done. But yes jasons numbers are way off 😂. 800 is also pimp! Many don’t have a fraction so why they post angry about coins and monaco. I saw if you have it and want to risk it against a not top club go right on in and play. Risk / reward 

• msb1977
    12 Posts
    Wed, Mar 27 2019 4:50 AM

The issue I see with using net is that it would discourage players, such as myself, from learning how to play in rooms like Bellagio. I know I can win more than 50% in Tokyo/Manhattan, but I also know I will likely be under 50% in Bellagio until I improve. As it stands now, there would be zero incentive for me to play in Bell during a TW if net were the driving factor.

I’m not opposed to introducing more of quality over quantity based scoring system, but there is probably a balance between the two that we need to find that is both fair for the clubs AND encourages less experienced players to attempt to play with WGTs best. 

Just my two cents... :)

• DiscoS2
    19 Posts
    Wed, Mar 27 2019 7:02 AM

MCalderon402:

WGTChampion --- 

I don't really get the reason why so many people complain about the Monaco room when the game has a lot of flaws and can easily be seen in clashes and also turf wars. I have emailed WGT many times to complain about Monaco in certain instances where people dump coins. However, I have also emailed them with issues on how they display coins in turf wars and divisions. One easy fix is to have the coins be counted as NET AMOUNTS instead of GROSS AMOUNTS. If the numbers are net per player then one club can technically lose a lot of coins regardless of what rooms they play instead of just having the most Bellagio players or a guy with a billion coins setting up 50-100 million coin matches until he wins one. 

I belong to a club mentioned above and do play Monaco from time to time but it's stressful to put so many coins on the line. But here is an easy example. Say I am in a club with 11 players and we all play Bellagio & Monaco. Say if we play "NET AMOUNT" I was to go into Monaco and matched someone with 50 million coins and lose I would hit the club with the 50m negative. If all of the other 10 players played Bellagio and won their 1 and only game so netting 4.5 million each for a 45 million combined total thus us losing coins that turf war by 5 million. And if there is a small club that playes Rio only, say 10 players they all win 1 game they play they would put up 360,000 and therefore win the war due to the overall NET basis versus the GROSS amount. 

If we are playing GROSS AMOUNT the Monaco loss doesn't affect it if all the other 10 players buy 5 passes and only win 1 game of the 5 each the gross amount will show 45 million so only showing the wins and not the loses. If WGT was to fix this it would make a difference and also the strategy a club uses their rooms and passes. I have brought this up to them with examples and they are not looking to change this which would be an easy fix. 

Clashes its a numbers game. doesn't matter if a group of 30 shoots cards in the mid 20s all day long if there are groups who are 250 players and just hit to put points up they will be ahead and pretty dumb if you ask me. 

The entry free however can also be deducted in the examples below but to see the net.

This is a good fix IMO. This will keep People from trading wins to bump up the TW score and it will reflect the losses for the people that think they won more than they really did. In any TW both teams want to win so they spend a ton of passes. As of now there are way too many ways to manipulate the score. A fair monaco match is a fair game and the risk / pay-off it high. Anyone who is upset about someone getting a fair win in Monaco is welcome to put their money where their mouth is and go in there and risk it all for the win. If you got beat by 100pts and it was all played in Bellagio would you still feel like you wasted 24hrs and a ton of credits? My point is, Turf wars are about who is able to win the most coins. it is not about who can win the most games. So get your but in the room that gets you the most coins for your time and pay your hearts out!

• MCalderon402
    348 Posts
    Wed, Mar 27 2019 8:19 AM

Net is the way to go even if monaco stays which i am more for it than against it. A great thinl about monaco is encouraging low scores because they are from the master tees. People upgrading to bigger rooms is natural progression so do it once you feel good. I do dislike Gross and i have emailed WGT for a long time. Disagree with monaco if there is dunping or sharing coins. However, now that games are streamed people can see the quality of play and usually games are 1-2 shot difference with lots of birdies and some eagles at times.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Wed, Mar 27 2019 11:58 AM

The Monaco room is the only edge that a smaller club can even think of competing against the bigger clubs, which is the way,  wgt loves to pair up clubs.   Clubs with smaller memberships and lower tiers, dont stand a chance against clubs with 200 plus members, as long as there isnt cheating going on,  put your big boy pants on, and jump into Monaco .  

• HalHoff
    789 Posts
    Wed, Mar 27 2019 12:22 PM

MCalderon402:

Net is the way to go even if monaco stays which i am more for it than against it. A great thinl about monaco is encouraging low scores because they are from the master tees. People upgrading to bigger rooms is natural progression so do it once you feel good. I do dislike Gross and i have emailed WGT for a long time. Disagree with monaco if there is dunping or sharing coins. However, now that games are streamed people can see the quality of play and usually games are 1-2 shot difference with lots of birdies and some eagles at times.

Your club owners are in the group that opposes Monaco counting towards TurfWars and agree not to play there versus clubs with the gentleman’s agreement not to.

• HalHoff
    789 Posts
    Wed, Mar 27 2019 12:31 PM

Also a lot of the Monaco players use an outside app to set up Playing Monaco matches which takes away the random matchups the way the other rooms work. That explains some of those last hour victories described a little ways back. The majority of Monaco matches aren’t for large amount of coins unless arranged I don’t think.

RSS