skip nav

Forums

Ads on a pay site

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 18 2019 2:26 PM by DoctorLarry. 5 replies.
  • cherokeegreen United States
    26 Posts
    Mon, Mar 18 2019 6:19 AM

Again, so sick and tired of ads on a pay site. I been told to use different browsers to avoid this but I like playing the browser of MY choice. I have spent hundreds of dollars here and have to put up with 90 seconds of ads to begin a round then another 90 seconds of ads at the turn. This is pathetic and uncalled for forced ads after paying high amounts for balls and rounds of golf. Burning out on this crap real fast......thinking my xbox is more fun no ads to watch there. 

• TopShelf2010 United States
    8,820 Posts
    Mon, Mar 18 2019 8:06 AM

There are multiple ways to avoid this. 

Install an Ad Blocker onto the browser of YOUR choice,

Or, if you do not like adding extensions there is a really simple solution. When the ad begins to play...

Right click on the Ad

Click the Submit Bug Report (this will cause the ad to stop playing)

Then click Cancel and return to the game.

If this does not satisfy your needs, enjoy Xbox.

Don

• hpurey United States
    10,690 Posts
    Mon, Mar 18 2019 10:27 AM

Technically it's not a pay site.  Yes you have the option to pay, but for all intents and purposes, it is free to play no?

Take Don's advice with Adblock.  I haven't seen an add in I don't know how long.

PS, ad block is free too.  It may ask for a donation but you can install it without donating.

• BHenke2 United States
    353 Posts
    Mon, Mar 18 2019 1:06 PM

Seriously how many times are you going complain in the forums about the ads when there are simple solutions to the problem. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

• BogeyOne United States
    1,138 Posts
    Mon, Mar 18 2019 1:16 PM

cherokeegreen:

Again, so sick and tired of ads on a pay site. I been told to use different browsers to avoid this but I like playing the browser of MY choice. I have spent hundreds of dollars here and have to put up with 90 seconds of ads to begin a round then another 90 seconds of ads at the turn. This is pathetic and uncalled for forced ads after paying high amounts for balls and rounds of golf. Burning out on this crap real fast......

• DoctorLarry United States
    2,714 Posts
    Mon, Mar 18 2019 2:26 PM

cherokeegreen:
    This is pathetic and uncalled for forced ads after paying high amounts for balls and rounds of golf. Burning out on this crap real fast......thinking my xbox is more fun no ads to watch there. 

All that and a Level 106 player has weak sauce for the most important club in the bag?  L19 putter?

C'mon, Man!

RSS