Help › Forums

Daily Play for XP

rated by 0 users
Fri, Mar 22 2019 11:12 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • 19thHole1st
    27 Posts
    Sun, Mar 17 2019 8:21 PM

Today I showed up at my 64th consecutive day for a round of play and to log consecutive dat XP. On a roll with 63 previous days, I was stoked to be able to play at about the same time every day. However, today I log in and it shows I'm playing on my first day. This isn't the first time this has happened well into consecutive days of play.

I can find countless reasons to stop playing and probably should. This one may well be the reason I do. Largely because WGT won't give a rats ass...

• WGTJudgeSmails
    259 Posts
    Mon, Mar 18 2019 7:41 AM

19thHole1st:

Today I showed up at my 64th consecutive day for a round of play and to log consecutive dat XP. On a roll with 63 previous days, I was stoked to be able to play at about the same time every day. However, today I log in and it shows I'm playing on my first day. This isn't the first time this has happened well into consecutive days of play.

I can find countless reasons to stop playing and probably should. This one may well be the reason I do. Largely because WGT won't give a rats ass...

I looked into this further and have reset your consecutive days played streak. In the future, just click on this link to submit a ticket and we will be happy to help you anytime.

https://www.wgt.com/help-request.aspx

-Judge Smails

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Mon, Mar 18 2019 2:18 PM

WGTJudgeSmails:

19thHole1st:

I looked into this further and have reset your consecutive days played streak. In the future, just click on this link to submit a ticket and we will be happy to help you anytime.

https://www.wgt.com/help-request.aspx

-Judge Smails

Well - that was nice of Judge and WGT!

BTW to OP - be careful about using approximate times of day to determine when the CDP will apply.  The "new" day on WGT starts at exactly the same time every day (0 UTC  - same as midnight GMT) and you must start a game (even if just one stroke) within that 24-hour day for the CDP to continue.  I know that the "new" WGT day starts at 7pm my local time so I play a single hole every day sometime after 7 pm each day to ensure the streak continues.

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Mon, Mar 18 2019 2:47 PM

19thHole1st:
    Largely because WGT won't give a rats ass...

Hmmm, an apology in order maybe?

• 19thHole1st
    27 Posts
    Mon, Mar 18 2019 6:57 PM

Twinponds169 - Well, if I care to eradicate previous responses, yes. So, no! I won't apologize due to having been beyond royally screwed in the past. I will say however, this was a pleasant surprise!!! A 'THANK YOU' is in order, perhaps.

Smails - I do want to thank you, not just for taking the time to read my post, but making good on my dilemma. It is with great appreciation I sincerely express my gratitude. It wasn't a big deal in and of itself, but the end of the long road of many frustrating encounters over the years.

Please accept my gratitude!

Best Regards,

AJ

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Wed, Mar 20 2019 7:40 PM

I found out something tonight that I didn't know. If you leave your browser on the Game client page long enough to go to the next day the days played banner does not update. It will show the green check mark like you have played. 

I knew I hadn't played because I went to choir practice. After restarting my browser the banner then showed the red exclamation point for not having played. 

So if you have the green check and even think you might not have played reload the game client page just to make sure. 

• 19thHole1st
    27 Posts
    Wed, Mar 20 2019 9:16 PM

Once again, I play between 7 and 9 pm every day... Yesterday it said I was on day 65, today it says I'm on day 2...

Pretty obvious there is something to be worked out here!

This really needs addressed.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Thu, Mar 21 2019 5:21 PM

19thHole1st:
    7 and 9 pm every day

If you're US Eastern time, that's the time period that is affected by the time changes to/from daylight saving. 

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Thu, Mar 21 2019 6:28 PM

19thHole1st:
    Pretty obvious there is something to be worked out here!

And with you being here now for over 9 years it is seemingly pretty obvious who is oblivious here sir. From early March through early November the "new day" clock that continues your consecutive days streak starts at 8 PM EST. From early November through early March the "new day" time begins at 7 PM EST.

The change from 7 to 8 began several weeks ago with daylight savings time. Lets say you played a game last night at 7:30 est and then you played your next game tonight at say 8:10 est. That means you did not start a game between 8 PM and 8 PM the next day, hence your streak ending. Been this way forever sir.

It is quite easy to see where you stand simply by clicking the "Play Now" button and opening the game window. On that front page there is a calendar/clock of your consecutive day streak. The clock is a countdown of the time left before a new consecutive day starts. The left panel of the 3 above the clock will have a check mark in it, if it is green then your streak is current until the new clock starts, if the check mark is red then you have not recorded a game yet on the current clock and you have until that time expires to do so. You do not have to complete a game for this to go from red to green and continue your streak, you can simply just tee off on the first hole and then save or even quit the game, it will continue your streak.

Hope this helps.

TP

• sheepsass
    648 Posts
    Thu, Mar 21 2019 7:16 PM

Of all the things that have been messed upon this site...in 7 years the pro shop has always welcomed us to buy whatever..whenever..and the cdp has always been spot on..if someone missed a day..their prob..no fault of wgt!!

• PAGES
RSS