Forums

Help › Forums

New Callaway Equipment

rated by 0 users
Fri, Mar 15 2019 6:01 PM (7 replies)
  • ander101
    390 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2019 8:25 AM

A question for WGT Champion or whomever ?, WGT News, here's what's coming in March, new Callaway equipment.

10 days prior to me reaching L103 the R1 L103 was removed,

so my question is, when might this new equipment be available & will there be new drivers at L101+ ?

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2019 8:30 AM

Not sure exactly when you'll see the specific comparable item that you're looking for. I do know that we have a long list of new equipment to bring to the game over the next several months. 

_CHAMPION 

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2019 7:13 PM

Good news, thanks Champ.  

• lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2019 7:33 PM

WGTChampion:

Not sure exactly when you'll see the specific comparable item that you're looking for. I do know that we have a long list of new equipment to bring to the game over the next several months. 

_CHAMPION 

Which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever . Why in the world take all of those clubs out of the pro shop , and not have the replacement clubs ready to put in place . Players could still be playing and buying those clubs which have been removed .Now they have to wait in limbo until everyone gets their butts in gear and gets the replacement clubs ready .

At the same time the having to wait for several months . It didnt take several months to remove them , it shouldnt take several months to replace them . I know that its not your fault Champ Im just commenting about this garbage . Management needs to stop having these types of brain farts as they make no sense .

Even though I dont need any new clubs , others do and they cant get them . Because management had a brain fart .

• Faz2000
    93 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2019 8:46 PM

Just to play devil's advocate here, it's entirely possible there's some contractual reasons certain clubs get removed, given the number of trademarked products, etc featured in the game. No doubt there's complicated contracts with brands or some entities about licensing the TM, Callaway, etc branding and product names. When and what exactly occurs is probably not entirely at WGT's independent control. Eg. Nike dropping golf.

Or, yes, it could just be ineptitude. But just sayin' there may well be reasons that are not immediately obvious or visible to the virtual golfer customer out there.

All I know is I'm gonna need a new driver and putter soon and I hope they bring out a cool one for me!

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Fri, Mar 15 2019 5:56 AM

Lonnie. it's not always about remove club A and insert club B.  

There's likely many more things at work contributing to why certain clubs needed to be removed and why new ones aren't ready.

Things take time.  

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Fri, Mar 15 2019 6:44 AM

kavvz:

There's likely many more things at work contributing to why certain clubs needed to be removed and why new ones aren't ready.

Things take time.  

Yes - I am a bit impatient too, but I suspect WGT/TopGolf has contracts with the equipment manufacturers that are not all worked out immediately.  Seems like we had replacements for the big ball switch last year, but not for the variety of club changes last month.

I hope it is not too long - I plan my club purchases well in advance using ScottHope's Pro Shop Equipment Tables so I can rent and buy at a discount when leveling up.  These changes are not affecting me yet although they did knock out two items from my list.

• lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Fri, Mar 15 2019 6:01 PM

kavvz:

Things take time.  

I know Kavvz and they had plenty of time to get ready for this . After all they know when contracts run out and what needs to be done . This didnt just happen over night it was building over a period of time . They can only use whatever items the sponsor brands allow and according to the agreed time period . 

In the past it has always been remove a club item and replace or discontinue . There has never been an item pull of this size in my 7 1/2 years of playing the game . So if item replacements are to coincide with real life product release dates , then this is going to be a very long haul .

Like I said I dont need any new clubs . I have the current top clubs in the game and the last 2 top sets in my inventory . Shame that I cant gift them to players who need some better clubs .

RSS