Forums

Help › Forums

Screen Flickers

rated by 0 users
Mon, Apr 8 2019 9:36 AM (37 replies)
  • hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2019 8:01 PM

Hmmm,  Chrome updated and I also got the flickering.  Turned off the hardware acceleration and it stopped flickering but then the game got too choppy to play without wanting to do a frisby toss with the laptop lol.

Reinstalled Comodo Dragon and smooth like butter.  Same version of flash too by the way.  Must be something with Chrome itself.  

• memories
    37 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2019 8:54 PM

i TRIED CHROME , MAXTHON , INTENET EXPLORER AND DID EVERY THING  PEOPLE SUGGESTED SO FAR NO RESULT

AND WHY DOES THIS ONLY HAPPEN ON WGT AND NOT 1 OTHER SITE i GO TO ?

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2019 10:32 PM

I use Maxthon V.4.4.8.1000, and older maxthon that I use only for the game.

Works perfect for me. Right after installing it you have to go to the task scheduler and delete the maxthon update. Then go here and delete MXUP

• TRutger
    133 Posts
    Fri, Mar 15 2019 5:32 AM

-1.   WE should NOT have to bounce around to accommodate WGT's new vem or lame addition of golf bag colors. 

There is a wide spread problem. THEY should resolve it. This history of new browsers is old news. Yes WE the users are responsible for cashe maintenance.  This goes way beyond that. 

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Fri, Mar 15 2019 6:31 AM

TRutger:

-1.   WE should NOT have to bounce around to accommodate WGT's new vem or lame addition of golf bag colors. 

There is a wide spread problem. THEY should resolve it. This history of new browsers is old news. Yes WE the users are responsible for cashe maintenance.  This goes way beyond that. 

And the basis for your claims is?

I see no evidence of this being a widespread problem here.  It may be 100% for you and a few others, but this is not widespread.  This forum would be ablaze with complaints if it were widespread - and it is not.  

WGT can not fix problems that show up on a few user's computers.  Sure, it is frustrating, but it is really not their problem.   These problems are almost always flash-related, which is what this game uses.  

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Fri, Mar 15 2019 6:34 AM

memories:
    AND WHY DOES THIS ONLY HAPPEN ON WGT AND NOT 1 OTHER SITE i GO TO ?

Most sites don't use Flash or use it sparingly.  WGT gameview is totally Flash-based.  That is why many of these issues relate to updates to flash.  There are several other threads here where people discuss rolling back to previous versions of flash - sorry I don't have a link at the moment.

• pearljammmmer
    4,268 Posts
    Fri, Mar 15 2019 7:52 AM

I have had this problem for a couple of days too, I went to Google Chrome help and read that this may correct a "black screen" problem":

"Open Google Chrome settings page > click on the Advanced button to expand more options > find “Use hardware acceleration when available” option and disable it."

So far that seems to be working...fingers crossed...

UPDATE - that corrected the flickering screen problem...now the meter is terrible and the graphics are jittery (as someone else earlier also said happened when he tried this). So, one problem fixed, another created. Typical WGT.

WHY does one have to be a computer whiz to figure out and correct WGT's bugs, Flash problems, browser problems, etc? This is the ONLY website I use where these problems occur. Usually right after one of WGT's wonderful "updates".

Very frustrated.

P.S. - this was after I wrote support and was told (1) first time we've heard of this problem and (2) try a different browser (OF COURSE!).

• memories
    37 Posts
    Fri, Mar 15 2019 8:41 AM

HOW MANY TIMES ARE PEOPLE GOING TO POST "USE A DIFFERENT BOWSER ?

I have tried 3 with same problem and by reports so have most everyone else with no results

1. I have tried Maxthon

2. I have tried Internet explorer

3. I have tried Chrome

4. I have delted cookiies

5. I have emptied cache

6. I have updated Chrome

7. I have updated Adobe Flash

8. I have scanned my computer ( 4 times)

9. this only happens for me on WGT NO OTHER SITES

• pearljammmmer
    4,268 Posts
    Fri, Mar 15 2019 8:45 AM

^ ^ ^ EXACTLY!!!

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Fri, Mar 15 2019 10:44 AM

I get the flicker when using Chrome version 73.0.3683.75 (the current version).

I do not get the flicker when using Chrome Canary.  Same version of Flash Player (version 32.0.0.156).  And the meter is smooth as silk.

This tells me it is not a WGT problem.  It is a problem with Chrome version 73.0.3683.75 and its interaction with Flash.

Apparently other people are noticing it as well, with other Flash-based games.  https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2604002

RSS