Forums

Help › Forums

Screen Flickers

rated by 0 users
Mon, Apr 8 2019 9:36 AM (37 replies)
  • dandydan69
    3 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2019 7:17 AM

Started yesterday. When I open a game the screen flickers while I try to play.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2019 9:33 AM

Yesterday I did a Windows update and a Google Chrome update, when I went to play the game my screen would flicker,  I was about to give up when I went to Google help and found others having the same problem.

The solution was, In Google go to settings, then advance, then system and uncheck  Use hardware acceleration when available.

• dandydan69
    3 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2019 12:53 PM

thanks, it worked but now half the button on the screen don't work. like the menu button, ball height , etc

• TRutger
    133 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2019 2:07 PM

This really sucks.

Done tried everything. Good thing I don't have epilepsy or I'd be seizing like a big dog.

HOW LONG IS IT GOING TO TAKE TO GET A REAL RESPONSE FOR THIS?

• TRutger
    133 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2019 2:11 PM

Did it. No worky.

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2019 3:08 PM

TRutger:
    HOW LONG IS IT GOING TO TAKE TO GET A REAL RESPONSE FOR THIS?

I hope someone on the forums can help with the issue because it is not a WGT issue.  While some are having this problem, most (including me) are not, so there is nothing WGT can do.

Invariably it is browser or flash-related and trying different browsers or different versions of browsers or different versions of flash seems to solve it for some.

Ocassionally clearing browser or flash cache helps, but this does not sound like a solution for this (does not hurt to try).

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2019 3:13 PM

Until they fix it, use a different browser. 

• dandydan69
    3 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2019 3:15 PM

i\you can't use the full screen button  - lower right to expand the screen use opper right to get a full size window. It works. Chrome has to adapt to the Windows/ Microsoft crap change.

• memories
    37 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2019 5:34 PM

well went from flickering screen to jerky meter

as now went from playing par or minus golf to +5 to +7 games

I am done with wgt until they fix their problems at it happens no where else I play games

starting to think this is wgt's way of making money as keep losing balls O.B. well aint buying no more  for a game that dont care about their players as this was reported days ago and wgt has done nothing

will check in in a few days to see if it is fixed

I quit 1 time for 7 tears will quit for good if need be

p.s. browser is not the answer as I have tried internet explorer, chrome and maxthon , same result everywhere

IT IS WGT PROBLEM

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2019 6:48 PM
    -1 No, it isn't. It's a browser/Flash issue. Maxthon Cloud is working perfectly BTW, one of the guys I just shared a round with asked if any of us had issues with Chrome. I suggested he try Maxthon Cloud. He downloaded it during the game, and it solved his problem. .
    memories:

well went from flickering screen to jerky meter

as now went from playing par or minus golf to +5 to +7 games

I am done with wgt until they fix their problems at it happens no where else I play games

starting to think this is wgt's way of making money as keep losing balls O.B. well aint buying no more  for a game that dont care about their players as this was reported days ago and wgt has done nothing

will check in in a few days to see if it is fixed

I quit 1 time for 7 tears will quit for good if need be

p.s. browser is not the answer as I have tried internet explorer, chrome and maxthon , same result everywhere

IT IS WGT PROBLEM

RSS