Forums

Help › Forums

Update Chrome, now screen "flashes"

Fri, Apr 12 2019 2:40 PM (35 replies)
  • BogeyOne
    1,961 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2019 8:06 PM

nolan60:

You can try chromium browser for windows its the open source project that Google Chrome is based off without all the bells and whistles ... I only use it to play the game and have never had an issue with it ... I also use it for Linux and Windows 10

I use chromium on my Linux Mint distro having kicked Windoze to the curb years ago. Everything runs very smoothly and problem free.

Linux Mint is a complete and worthy operating system which is at least on par with windoze with the big plus of it being free.

It does have a learning curve to maximize its potential and is not a simple color by the numbers dumbed-down operating system.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Mar 15 2019 4:59 AM
    BogeyOne:

I use chromium on my Linux Mint distro having kicked Windoze to the curb years ago. Everything runs very smoothly and problem free.

Linux Mint is a complete and worthy operating system which is at least on par with windoze with the big plus of it being free.

It does have a learning curve to maximize its potential and is not a simple color by the numbers dumbed-down operating system.

I had Mint and Fedora on other systems, great OS's but I could not get it to work well with WGT. If I could have, I probably would have kept it.
  • quecha
    263 Posts
    Fri, Mar 15 2019 6:48 AM
    Hello,

Someone found another solution?

I tried everything you proposed, either it does not work or the meter
    becomes very unstable
  • lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Fri, Mar 15 2019 7:27 AM

When everything else fails then try doing a system restore . Set your computer to reset to an earlier date before the updates or your problems started . This is a last resort solution . 

• quecha
    263 Posts
    Fri, Mar 15 2019 9:12 AM
    I think there is always a solution somewhere, before doing a restoration
    I will continue to search ...
    In fact I found something else related to NIVIDIA
     but the flicker has not completely disappeared
  • JBMJ
    1,005 Posts
    Fri, Mar 15 2019 12:11 PM

I was having the same issue. I found Maxthon works well. But a guy in my club suggested Chrome Canary and it works great!

Link to download:

https://www.google.com/chrome/canary/

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Fri, Mar 15 2019 1:12 PM

has anyone tried reinstalling the new flash ? maybe that is doing something ? 

Just tried chrome and working fine on my pc,

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Mar 15 2019 1:25 PM
    I use Maxthon 4.4.8.1000 version and no problems at all.
  • hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, Mar 15 2019 1:28 PM

Updated Chrome on my work PC (windows 7) and no issues at all.   But at home, did Windows update (Windows 10) and updated Chrome and got the flickering. Turned off hardware acceleration and flickering stopped but game play was way too choppy to play.  

Reinstalled the Comodo Dragon browser and game plays almost perfectly.  Starting to wonder if it's an issue for Windows 10.  I may revert my home computer to Windows 7.  

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Mar 15 2019 2:23 PM

hpurey:
    Reinstalled the Comodo Dragon browser and game plays almost perfectly.  Starting to wonder if it's an issue for Windows 10.  I may revert my home computer to Windows 7.

My windows 10 Updated the other day and since then the flickering started on Chrome. Playing the game on Comodo Dragon now and works pretty good except the game loads slower.

RSS