Forums

Help › Forums

New Clubs

Fri, Apr 19 2019 11:50 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • huthip
    3 Posts
    Wed, Mar 13 2019 7:50 PM

I finally got to level 96 and realized they recalled the L 96 driver. I am looking at upgrading all of my clubs except my putter. I’m going to get the three Cleveland wedges but need suggestions on driver and irons. I’m thinking of waiting till L96 comes back. Also, 3 wood or 4th wedge?  Irons?  Max L94 or TM90?

Thanks

• Faz2000
    93 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2019 4:14 PM

In my view, you'll need a 3W (or hybrid, I guess) for long holes more than you can use a 4th wedge. 3 wedges then the PW from your irons tends to provide enough coverage, spacing and shot options.

Will be especially true if/when you tick over to Legend tier, when the holes get a LOT longer and even with a Driver and 3W there are par 4s that are tough to reach in two shots. 

Also, there are other threads about the high-level clubs that have disappeared recently and word from all is that something similar or equivalent will come back into the Pro Shop in the next few months, so I'd hold out.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Thu, Mar 14 2019 11:21 PM

huthip:
    3 wood or 4th wedge?  Irons?

Definitely, 3rd loose wedge (+ PW) instead of the Hybrid! Complete your Cleve set!

As for woods + irons, you might consider the G25s (L83), or wait until you become a Legend (which may take some time). Facing longer tracks, that would be the best time to raise your shooting power.

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Fri, Mar 15 2019 4:11 AM

If you can handle a faster meter the new Callaway Epic Flash driver is as good if not better than the level 96 driver was and it is cheaper.

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Fri, Mar 15 2019 4:56 AM

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sun, Apr 14 2019 10:14 AM

Anybody else think that it is slightly crazy to have removed alot of the better clubs, and are waiting so long to replace them?  I did see a post about not being able to sell those clubs that aren't there.  Might have made more sense to release them for the free rental period, so many of us, could try them, then purchase these items.  But I guess they "think" they know what's right for the game.  

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Sun, Apr 14 2019 2:46 PM

Luckystar5:

Anybody else think that it is slightly crazy to have removed alot of the better clubs, and are waiting so long to replace them?  I did see a post about not being able to sell those clubs that aren't there.  Might have made more sense to release them for the free rental period, so many of us, could try them, then purchase these items.  But I guess they "think" they know what's right for the game.  

I am pretty certain that WGT has licensing agreements with the equipment manufacturers and can only give us what has been agreed to.  If the manufacturer no longer sells a piece (ball or club), WGT may have to remove it, and vice versa.  Similarly with the addition of other equipment.

I am not sure of this, but I don't see any other way they could do this.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Mon, Apr 15 2019 8:38 AM

huthip:
     Max L94 or TM90?

Not the Max 94, I and a few others had them, not very nice clubs, waste of credits.

• CosmicDreams
    45 Posts
    Tue, Apr 16 2019 10:42 PM

Agree, the MAX 94 irons are horrible.  I got them just to have a change to experiment with.  No idea why their trajectory is listed as "High", they fly way lower than the other High trag irons.

• jrennie1850
    4 Posts
    Fri, Apr 19 2019 5:48 AM

Anyone know the details on Callaway X2 Hot clubs or Odyssey putter offered right now. I can’t seem to view specs.

• PAGES
RSS