Fri, Dec 18 2020 2:04 PM (57 replies)
  • DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Mon, Mar 11 2019 3:21 PM

DonCaron:

Here is a direct link for PC

A ruler for windows

Don -

Is there any way to scale that ruler?  I downloaded and read through the help and played with it a bit but I don't see anyway to scale it.  I do that with the ruler Young46 uses by changing the script but don't see any way to change this one.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Mar 11 2019 3:39 PM
    You can click it and it makes a red line to measure the flag. I just double and triple it for 20 and 30 yards.
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Mar 11 2019 3:43 PM

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Mon, Mar 11 2019 7:44 PM

DonCaron:
    You can click it and it makes a red line to measure the flag. I just double and triple it for 20 and 30 yards.

Ok - I see.  Thanks.

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Mon, Mar 11 2019 8:28 PM

The flag has a  tendency to change size during a round n based on camera view. 

So rather than tweaking the script everytime or doing more math each time... even with the other types you can simply add an extra cell in a spreadsheet with the size of the flag that then automatically adjust the wind offset for the ruler you use and the increments given... 

the scale does not matter... if it measures 7 or 67 so if wind is 13mph offset aimpoint u r looking at 1.3 x flag size.  For either 9.1 or 87.1   at least that is what i would try.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Mon, Mar 11 2019 9:11 PM

el3n1:
    So rather than tweaking the script everytime or doing more math each time...

In my case, I use the ruler as Young46 does which is always based on the view from the player and the ruler effectively sets the angle (not distance) in this view.  The scale is set once in the script based on the screen resolution (matching to the aimer size in the player view).  Only if I use a different screen resolution do I need to change the script.

Even so, I do have a seperate cell in my spreadsheet to change the specified ruler measurement if I use the other screen in my setup - basically like you described.  It is a one-time change for playing on that screen.

I also have a separate output for ruler setting if I am using full spin, either top of back, since it reduces the actual drift in flight.

Rulers are a handy way to account for wind drift.

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Mon, Mar 11 2019 9:35 PM

Sounds good.  I was simply noting even with the ruler you reference i have noticed the width changing from  player viiew during a round after setting the script.  Figured WGT was just trying to keep things fluctuating... lower winds its no big deal u get up to 20 and 30 crosswinds and it makes bigger difference.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Mon, Mar 11 2019 11:20 PM

Can it be set to where it is scaled to exact dimensions of a ruler? That is 1 inch = 1 inch

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Mar 12 2019 3:33 AM

borntobesting:

Can it be set to where it is scaled to exact dimensions of a ruler? That is 1 inch = 1 inch

This is scaled to 1". I don't really see the need for any other scales. I use this on the fairway also for high winds.

I have to use a calculator to figure out the extra to give it, sometimes as much as 45%(STA). I do it with 32MPH X 145% = 46.4, thats how much I have to move the  flag.

RSS