Forums

Help › Forums

Game unplayable due to advertising

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jul 10 2019 11:17 AM (9 replies)
  • sussexslanter
    45 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2019 6:20 AM

Of late there has been a small panel opening in the bottom of the screen, sating something along the lines of "waiting for advertisement tv..." This panel blocks out the club selection and also the meter, making the game impossible to play.

Please can I be notified once this has been rectified? I understand that money is a great motivator, but ideally this should not be at the expense of utility?

• lonniescott711
    4,181 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2019 7:44 AM

sussexslanter:

Of late there has been a small panel opening in the bottom of the screen, sating something along the lines of "waiting for advertisement tv..." This panel blocks out the club selection and also the meter, making the game impossible to play.

Please can I be notified once this has been rectified? I understand that money is a great motivator, but ideally this should not be at the expense of utility?

Have you tried using a different browser ? Also are you using an ad blocker and if the answer is no then start doing so . Although money may be a motivator WGT wont miss yours . Unless you have other clubs then you arent spending any money . The Rlls clubs you have were replaced a few years ago . You also play with the starter ball so again no money spent on ball replacement .

Players before you have tried the money route but truth be told . Neither you nor them spend enough to pay WGT`s water bill let alone the electric . Not trying to be disrespectful or anything just stating the truth . If you need help then ask for it , plenty of people here who will try to help you .

So try a different browser . Also when the game is loading try enlarging the screen and see if that helps .

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2019 7:44 AM

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2019 12:41 PM

TopShelf2010:

sussexslanter:

Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Don

Sounds like his computer is infected with a ad bot because even when you don't have a ad blocker installed the ads aren't on the game play screen, Try something like Spybot search and destroy. There are many others that do a good job at removing adware and spy ware. 

• VanMeerV
    989 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2019 4:46 AM
     sussexslanter:

Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Don

Have to download adaware program, run it and see if it picks up, it is free, then down load ad blocker after. 

• sussexslanter
    45 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2019 7:39 AM

It is intermittent, but typically presents itself in any round. I have AdBlock installed, and pay a subscription Anti Virus. Using up-to-date Chrome, which I would think is sufficient.

Can't see how to insert an image. Insert media seems to only permit an image to be inserted from a website, not a file. Sure I'm missing something here, it must be really easy but I'm not a great techie.

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2019 2:49 PM

sussexslanter:
    Of late there has been a small panel opening in the bottom of the screen, sating something along the lines of "waiting for advertisement tv..." This panel blocks out the club selection and also the meter,

I have something like that occur a few times but it was a system message overlaying the WGT screen - telling me it was waiting for some sort of response - don't remember exactly what.

It was not a WGT problem that I know of, I think it was just momentary (for me) bandwidth issues waiting for a response.  Maybe it is something else running that is using too much memory or bandwidth.

• okiechuck
    6,325 Posts
    Wed, Mar 13 2019 12:32 AM

When this happens to me (and quite too often) I just go to full screen and back again and it's gone. I use Chrome but it doesn't happen when I  use Maxthon browser.

Cheers, Chuck

• sussexslanter
    45 Posts
    Wed, Jul 10 2019 10:04 AM

Thanks, I've tried using different browsers but none seem to work as well as Chrome in terms of avoid lag. I have 80mbps internet and a fast laptop. I have run McAfee, SpyBot, and Malwarebytes with no hits. 

I've attempted switching in and out of full screen but the advertising messages persist.

However, the irritating popup loading message persists on WGT. 

I still can't see how to attach an image, the Insert Media button appears to only permit me to specify the url of an image, and I really don't want to have to implement a new website simply to host an image for the purposes of upload.

• ScottHope
    10,014 Posts
    Wed, Jul 10 2019 11:17 AM

If you first upload your image to imgur, you can then get a url to post it here.

Help us help you

RSS