GET RID OF MONACO

rated by 0 users
Sat, May 25 2019 5:29 AM (29 replies)
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Mar 4 2019 7:52 AM

TopShelf2010:

biggee375:
    In the interests of fairplay i want wgt to get rid of monaco to stop the coin swap cheats if you want a high stakes room add a 10 million 50 million room to replace it

You should take some time to read the Posting Guidelines

SPAMMING AND/OR TROLLING

Do not post anything that is, or could be, construed to be:

repeatedly communicating the same or similar message

• creating, participating or perpetuating conversations with the intention of causing unrest within the community

• joining a conversation with the intention of derailing it • communicating in a harmfully deceptive manner

Don

+1 Don

I don't know why these people get so upset about worthless coins. If you do it right, it does not cost you anything.

• TTWEDGEPLAY
    12 Posts
    Mon, Mar 4 2019 8:29 AM

Thanks Don some of these guys don’t realize just how good some of the guys on wgt are we are to the point we stream matches on omlet arcade I welcome any of you guys to download omlet follow us and watch us play there’s some big matches on there 10 12 billon coin matches it’s a blast to watch and participate in Don you are correct you can’t buy anything with these coins there worthless why does people make such a big deal about them 

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, Mar 4 2019 9:12 AM

TTWEDGEPLAY:
    Don you are correct you can’t buy anything with these coins there worthless why does people make such a big deal about them 

That's a good question. But one of your own is making a "big deal" out of the loss of coins to the point if the player doesn't get a "decent response" from WGT, the player "will quit by the end of this week."

So all this angst over coins (from both sides) makes me think three things: (1) maybe there's more going on than appears, (2) people are putting more value on these things than they care to admit, and (3) I'm glad I don't go into the coin rooms (there's way too much drama going on there). 

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Mon, Mar 4 2019 1:37 PM

Luckystar5:

alanti:

And can someone tell me what the value of coins are? To me, they seem like a gimmick that has no real value yet fools are clambering for them.....

Win the coins, you win the turf war, simple.  Lower level clubs with smaller membership are after not so much after the coins, but the superpasses that go along with the win.  Smaller clubs, can amass anywhere from a half, to a full dozen extra superpasses, for the next clash, which helps your club out tremendously.  Of course if you're not into clashing, then you can use the coins for clothing attributes to enhance your club performances.  And, then again it could be just bragging rights for the amount you have, kinda like belonging to a hio club etc.  (Just for smiles) . 

I appreciate the attempt to explain the lure of the coins, but I get dizzy with circular logic.  Maybe it is just because I don't play those games, but is it just that one plays to get more coins so they can play to get more coins so they can play to get more coins so they can play to get more coins.............?

I am not bashing anyone at all here - I am just confused.  And dizzy!

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, Mar 4 2019 2:04 PM

DoctorLarry:

I appreciate the attempt to explain the lure of the coins, but I get dizzy with circular logic.  Maybe it is just because I don't play those games, but is it just that one plays to get more coins so they can play to get more coins so they can play to get more coins so they can play to get more coins.............?

I am not bashing anyone at all here - I am just confused.  And dizzy!

The most likely scenario is that doing well in a turf war gives a club a couple of extra superpasses that allows them to do a bit better in a clash. Maybe it bumps the club up from placing 55th to placing 45th. That would earn the club an extra course builder. 

That's about it. And if a club already places from 4th to 50th, they see no practical benefit at all. 

To me, seems like a whole lot of activity and angst for very little payout.

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Mon, Mar 4 2019 2:30 PM

see if I can help #doc

I wouldn't label explaining coins as the means to obtaining superpasses as circular logic or reasoning, which I believe Lucky was trying to do.

Coins are the form of currency WGT uses to induce play on the mobile platform, they are only worthless to those who do not use them and it is correct they have no value in desktop PC play. 

That said, if you participate in TW or the coin games, you either earn the coins or buy them, so WGT does assess a monetary value on them whether they are actually being purchased or not.  As far as I know, there is no where on WGT you can "purchase" superpasses.  The TW's offer clubs an opportunity to win a superpass.  Superpasses if used strategically do have a lot more value in Clashes, especially when a high score point multiplier is earned.  

Another aspect of coins that many ignore... is coins can save lower level / tier players credits, which even desktop players assess a value to.  To do so,  on the mobile platform you can "rent coin club sets" that allow you to delay or hold off on purchasing clubs with credits until you reach higher levels and unlock the better clubs.  If you do that, it saves you spending credits on clubs that will often quickly be replaced due to level and tier progression.  Now, this option generally only last for so long because once you start upgrading to the higher level gear the coin rentals do begin to become far less relevant.

I am certain, I am not alone in doing this as others have shared a similar approach to save credits.  Is that truly worthless use of coins?  It saved me credits, and WGT assesses a monetary value to both credits and coins.

It also gave me more time to build up a credit bankroll by watching the 2 credit videos to purchase the clubs I had been researching and asking advice about.  

Love them, hate them, or indifferent to them... coins do have a place and serve a role in the way WGT is marketing the game to encourage play and "action" between players. 

I am not saying they have the same value to all players, but they can and do serve a purpose with the game.  

Now, going back to the original concern, I believe...

A bulk of the frustration around coins is geared towards players who appear to be exploiting some aspect of the coin games in TW's which I believe is what the OP had attempted to identify or report.  Hence the title/label "get rid of Monaco."

I am not saying the person is right, or trying to define the actions of those individuals as "cheating."   but, they are exploiting a loop hole in the game that allows them to gain an advantage and avoid buying coins even after they go broke. 

Whether the concern is valid, or one facet of how the issue or problem could be addressed or resolved, it is hard to say for certain.  But, I can wrap my mind around the frustration expressed.  You can even see in the explanations given, how and why some players are able to exploit using Monaco room.  

For example, I believe one person commented by "earning" a TW coin bonus they have often already secured a new coin bankroll if they "risk everything in Monaco".   So, technically, they are not risking everything when they go ALL IN. 

It would be like a poker player sitting in front of a stack of cash and pulling a few stacks off the table and then saying ALL IN, knowing he will still have money left to get back in the game even if he loses.  

So, these players are NOT risking everything unless WGT also removes their TW bonus or stops issuing a TW coin bonus and make it simply about the superpass.

Sorry for the length, I tried to cover several different facets of questions /concerns being raised.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Mon, Mar 4 2019 2:52 PM

el3n1:
    see if I can help #doc

Thanks - a very thorough and thoughtful explanation. 

I have not played a coin game since the first few days here on WGT and really did not know much about them (made obvious!).

There is just so much difference in the mobile and PC versions that I guess one really will not know much about the other without either playing both or, like me, reading explanations like yours on the forums. :)

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Mar 4 2019 3:02 PM

Ok this is a bit picky but no wonder folk are confused about whether these things are worth anything or not.  The build up and let down without a breath between :-/

TTWEDGEPLAY:
    I welcome any of you guys to download omlet follow us and watch us play there’s some big matches on there 10 12 billon coin matches it’s a blast to watch and participate in Don you are correct you can’t buy anything with these coins there worthless why does people make such a big deal about them 

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Mon, Mar 4 2019 4:36 PM

#dodgy... do you not get or understand they are essentially passing coins?  And with the proper sponsor apparel not only offsetting WGTs cut or coin fee but even generating additional profit ... almost like creating your own coin making machine.

as I understand it, it can violate term and conditions to do similar things with credits and this can amount to essentially the same thing with coins, which WGT also gives a monetary value to. 

if creating a "market for credits" is deemed inappropriate, this too walks a very fine line of manipulating WGT or exploiting the game in a similar fashion.  

not quite as simple as it appears when it isn't put in some form of context to what is potentially taking place...  but it does sound like it would be worth looking into by WGT to assess whether it is appropriate or present a position on it... 

if it is deemed fine, so be it... otherwise it may create more balance in the TW... Some big TW clubs have already stated they agree to not use Monaco because they recognize it violates the spirit of competition.  

Btw... i am not saying those doing this are cheating... it just appears to be walking a fine line... wgt determines what is or is not appropriate.    They can all be legitimately good players... taking advantage of something WGT may not have foreseen happening.  

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Mar 5 2019 1:29 AM

el3n1:
    #dodgy... do you not get or understand they are essentially passing coins? 

I don't really care, I've no idea what happens in the mobile game.

I was tring to make a light hearted comment about a sentence that started with come watch these amazing 10-12 billion coin matches and finished with, these coins are worthless why do people make such a big deal about them? Sorry :-(

RSS