Forums

Help › Forums

Odyssey Sabertooth Putter (L98)

Fri, Aug 2 2019 7:02 PM (37 replies)
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Mar 12 2019 3:19 PM

hpurey:

I have a feeling that those that just missed out on getting some of the equipment before it disappeared will be happy once the replacements show up.

Reasoning is this.... imagine buying the item just before being removed only to find out the replacement is slightly better for not much more money.  I know I know,  will probably be much more money but still, if it had any bit of improvement, one would probably end up buying it so in the long run, WGT could be saving people lots of credits. 

Some of this equipment, I find it hard to improve it,.I expect the same stats or an

unnoticeable difference.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Tue, Mar 12 2019 3:57 PM

DonCaron:

hpurey:

I have a feeling that those that just missed out on getting some of the equipment before it disappeared will be happy once the replacements show up.

Reasoning is this.... imagine buying the item just before being removed only to find out the replacement is slightly better for not much more money.  I know I know,  will probably be much more money but still, if it had any bit of improvement, one would probably end up buying it so in the long run, WGT could be saving people lots of credits. 

Some of this equipment, I find it hard to improve it,.I expect the same stats or an

unnoticeable difference.

I expect a noticeable difference in price.  Reference change in balls last time.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Mar 12 2019 4:07 PM

DonCaron:

unnoticeable difference.

DoctorLarry:
    I expect a noticeable difference in price.  Reference change in balls last time.
    I'm sure you guys are correct.  Even so, I think some would be happy they didn't spend credits on the old stuff when the new stuff comes out. Even if it was at a higher price.  Maybe it's because I'm a sucker for new stuff LOL, but there would always be this little voice telling me, you would have made the putt if you had the new putter. Or could have hit it closer with the new wedge  etc.  ;-)
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Mar 12 2019 4:51 PM

hpurey:

DoctorLarry:
    I'm sure you guys are correct.  Even so, I think some would be happy they didn't spend credits on the old stuff when the new stuff comes out. Even if it was at a higher price.  Maybe it's because I'm a sucker for new stuff LOL, but there would always be this little voice telling me, you would have made the putt if you had the new putter. Or could have hit it closer with the new wedge  etc.  ;-)

Your probably right. I'm a sucker also

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Tue, Mar 12 2019 7:21 PM

hpurey:
      Even so, I think some would be happy they didn't spend credits on the old stuff when the new stuff comes out. Even if it was at a higher price.  Maybe it's because I'm a sucker for new stuff LOL, but there would always be this little voice telling me, you would have made the putt if you had the new putter. Or could have hit it closer with the new wedge  etc.  ;-)

Maybe. Or it could be the opposite.  Or worse.

I could have made this putt with the L98 Sabertooth but missed it with this newer thing that cost me 800 credits more!

Or not.........;~\

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Wed, Mar 13 2019 12:01 AM

The only way I would buy a new putter is if it were a Hammy. But alas the company that makes Hammy appears to be close to going out of business. About 8 years ago when I first bought my Hammy I fell in love with it. I found it in a local golf store used for $45 and have used it ever since.

I loved it so much that I went so far as to e-mail the company president asking him to check out WGT and maybe try to get the Hammy on WGT. He basically told me to get lost. 

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Mar 13 2019 7:03 AM

DoctorLarry:
    I could have made this putt with the L98 Sabertooth but missed it with this newer thing that cost me 800 credits more!

Touché   LOL

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Wed, Mar 13 2019 9:35 AM

hpurey:

DoctorLarry:

Touché   LOL

Either way we have an excuse!!  This one is mine now!

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Tue, Mar 19 2019 6:41 AM

WGTChampion:

We have a lot of new equipment coming, and of course new putters. 

_CHAMPION 

When? Is there an approx. time - couple wks / couple months?

Also - brand names?

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Tue, Mar 19 2019 9:09 AM

RSS