Forums

Help › Forums

Odyssey Sabertooth Putter (L98)

Fri, Aug 2 2019 7:02 PM (37 replies)
  • Trailrunning
    152 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2019 3:07 PM

I was about to level up to L98 and was planning on buying one of the Odyssey Sabertooth putters (L98), but now they are gone. They still have the Spider putters but they are not available until level 101, which will take me more than a year to reach. WGT is costing themselves money, why?

Thanks

Trailrunning

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2019 3:55 PM

About a week ago we announced we would be removing a number of items from the proshop and had a Flash Sale to call out many of the items that would be leaving the proshop.

I'm sorry that you were looking forward to an item that is no longer offered. We have a lot of new equipment coming, and of course new putters. 

_CHAMPION 

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2019 4:11 PM

How about finally offering a high-end Callaway club sets?

WGTChampion:

We have a lot of new equipment coming, and of course new putters. 

_CHAMPION 

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2019 4:28 PM

ahhhhh

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2019 8:20 PM

WGTChampion:

We have a lot of new equipment coming, and of course new putters. 

_CHAMPION 

I hope so - two of the ones already on my list to get in the next few levels are gone!  Need some more drivers, too!!

• Grant2068
    1 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2019 7:10 AM

I agree with the feeling of disappointment on the removal of the Level 98 Odyssey Sabertooth. I have been targeting that putter for months. I hope you replace it with something as good.

• middbrew
    318 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2019 9:09 AM

Grant2068:

I agree with the feeling of disappointment on the removal of the Level 98 Odyssey Sabertooth. I have been targeting that putter for months. I hope you replace it with something as good.

WGTChampion:

I'm sorry that you were looking forward to an item that is no longer offered. We have a lot of new equipment coming, and of course new putters. 

_CHAMPION 

There will obviously be some new putters coming in the near future. It's been WGT's history to replace retired clubs with something that is equivalent or better, so I'm pretty sure we will see a putter that is on the level of the Odyssey Sabertooth.

• Faz2000
    93 Posts
    Tue, Mar 12 2019 1:22 AM

I sure hope so! I've been saving my little credits and eyeing off a "final" putter, wood, driver and irons and they've almost all disappeared from the shop!

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Mar 12 2019 2:35 PM
    middbrew:
    There will obviously be some new putters coming in the near future. It's been WGT's history to replace retired clubs with something that is equivalent or better, so I'm pretty sure we will see a putter that is on the level of the Odyssey Sabertooth.
    +1 They always take care of us
  • hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Mar 12 2019 3:05 PM

I have a feeling that those that just missed out on getting some of the equipment before it disappeared will be happy once the replacements show up.

Reasoning is this.... imagine buying the item just before being removed only to find out the replacement is slightly better for not much more money.  I know I know,  will probably be much more money but still, if it had any bit of improvement, one would probably end up buying it so in the long run, WGT could be saving people lots of credits. 

RSS