Forums

Help › Forums

Notice any change in the pro shop?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 14 2019 12:46 AM (33 replies)
  • fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2019 1:38 PM

Wow! With one stroke WGT just removed both high-end TM drivers as well as the  96 Cally BB. Don’t tell me the 94 Cally Epic Flash is the only replacement because if it is, A LOT of people are going to be pissed. 

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2019 1:50 PM

From the horses mouth this morning I believe?

It's a little reliant on our art team in terms of their bandwidth, but over the next few months you'll see it ramp up. 

_CHAMPION

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2019 2:01 PM

andwhy67:

From the horses mouth this morning I believe?

It's a little reliant on our art team in terms of their bandwidth, but over the next few months you'll see it ramp up. 

_CHAMPION

Now that I have calmed down, in the short term many players will be delighted, especially the just-less-than 98 crowd. They get an almost exact replacement for the 98 TM. Dare I think WGT will finally pull the trigger and cone out with a 292-294 yd driver?

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2019 2:08 PM

fobby1980:
    Wow! With one stroke WGT just removed both high-end TM drivers as well as the  96 Cally BB.
    That's what RL businesses do all the time: Items go out of stock, sometimes replaced by new items.

WGT, presenting just another branch of advertising, reflects that:

When articles are no longer on sale, their producers stop to promote them, and since there's no more revenue, they go out of business here. Happens all the time!

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2019 4:07 PM

Does that mean we should expect the M3 and M4 to roll in soon 🤔?

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2019 4:49 PM

fobby1980:
    Now that I have calmed down, in the short term many players will be delighted, especially the just-less-than 98 crowd. They get an almost exact replacement for the 98 TM. Dare I think WGT will finally pull the trigger and cone out with a 292-294 yd driver?

I'm not delighted.  I am L94 and will be L95 soon and was waiting on the L96 Cally (so I could get free rental at level up and discounted price - already missed that on the L94 club).  The 94 Epic matches the Cally except it is a 10.5 loft and costs 923 credits MORE.  The Epic is also nearly 1150 credits more than the L98 TM was.

I hope they get some decent replacements in very quick - not just for drivers but putters!

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2019 5:20 PM

The new L94 players will be happy . They will be getting a club that would normally be at L100 . Same specs as the L100 Rogue other than the meter and 6 levels earlier . Yes it will cost more but thats the trade off and has always been done that way . So now those of us who are over L100 will now have to wait for the other shoe to drop .

Some players have been wanting a high level driver thats 300+ yds avg. in the pro shop . Now its wait and see what will be put out at L100+ . Will it be the same as the L94+ with a slower meter or will it have better specs and more distance .

WGT shouldnt have removed all of those clubs at the same time , without the replacement clubs . For every club removed there should have been a club put back in its place . Players shouldnt have to wait months for the new club replacments . That was a poor business move on their part .

• 0000rb3
    268 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2019 6:09 PM

lonniescott711:
    WGT shouldnt have removed all of those clubs at the same time , without the replacement clubs . For every club removed there should have been a club put back in its place . Players shouldnt have to wait months for the new club replacments . That was a poor business move on their part .

Agreed with completely! That was very disappointing, when I went to pro shop and saw a handful of so so drivers that were new. And now it's months for new clubs? Tsk Tsk WGT.

One day they may overwhelm us all again. I still love playing the game, though.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Thu, Feb 28 2019 8:24 PM

0000rb3:

lonniescott711:

Agreed with completely! That was very disappointing, when I went to pro shop and saw a handful of so so drivers that were new. And now it's months for new clubs? Tsk Tsk WGT.

One day they may overwhelm us all again. I still love playing the game, though.

Yes - several selections on my wait list (until I get to the relevant level) disappeared with no real replacement.  So, I will just hold my spending until I see something much better.  I have a long haul in Legend anyway, so probably no new clubs for a long time.

• DampandDusty
    125 Posts
    Fri, Mar 1 2019 2:29 AM

lonniescott711:

Agreed. Perhaps a gradual removal of clubs with equivalent, more up to date (in the real world) replacements. More time to level up and save for those clubs we've been aspiring to and more time than a week to do so. Thus potentially more revenue for WGT.

This way, I  think players will just hang on to what they've got; currently not a decent, wide choice on offer in the pro shop.

One thing I don't agree with is the 300yd+ driver. With the balls available, that is easily achievable with most of the top drivers and the game doesn't need to be made any easier. It needs to be a challenge.

RSS