highlight reel

rated by 0 users
Sat, Mar 23 2019 3:03 PM (31 replies)
  • DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Sat, Mar 2 2019 4:15 PM

downunderkid:
    not holding my breath

I suggest you try it.  Will work better than what you are doing.

I also suggest you send a friend request to HenryKawa.

• gonfission
    2,229 Posts
    Sat, Mar 2 2019 4:50 PM

WOW!

That is a BURN of the third degree, indeed

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sat, Mar 2 2019 5:09 PM

• Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Sat, Mar 2 2019 5:45 PM

downunderkid:

robbo you on the wgt payroll you useless *** poor excuse for a man no wonder no one can have say with clowns like you running the circus 

I'm confused...If you aren't going to use any form of punctuation,  whynotjustrunallyourwordstogethersoyoudonthavetoworryaboutusingthespacebareither

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Sat, Mar 2 2019 6:52 PM

DoctorLarry:

downunderkid:
    not holding my breath

I suggest you try it.  Will work better than what you are doing.

I also suggest you send a friend request to HenryKawa.

LOL..   No thank you Larry.   Henry won't even accept a friend request from this one (unless he repents).

• downunderkid
    39 Posts
    Sat, Mar 2 2019 7:25 PM

its a shame that you cant have a say here without being attacked by others 

there is a problem with wgt server its been  there for a long time but I can see why no one would complain you only get a personal attack brought upon you 

what the post has to do with the country I am from or way I type my comments I have no idea all I can same is you must be very bored people and  advise you to get a hobby 

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2019 9:47 AM

downunderkid:

there is a problem with wgt server its been  there for a long time but I can see why no one would complain you only get a personal attack brought upon you 

what the post has to do with the country I am from or way I type my comments I have no idea all I can same is you must be very bored people and  advise you to get a hobby 

Sir.  I am all about giving someone a second chance (and maybe even a third).  At one time, I was the one who was kind of in your shoes.  It took a few nice WGT people to support me when I was down and out...  that made me turn around and change my attitude.  

Some of the people who frequent these forums have been WGT members for many  years.   And for many, WGT is a lifesaver.  Many veterans, disabled and elderly come to WGT because its a site where they can improve their skills, talk to like minded people in the forums and make friends, where normally because of their situation they would not be able to do any of those things.   So for you to make that comment about them finding a hobby - maybe you should think about it and hopefully you will apologize sir.

How you decide to respond to this post, will show the WGT community what kind of person you are.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2019 11:13 AM

downunderkid:

Ok. I'll take some time to reply and attempt to explain why you received the responses you did.

First, all you did was post a sarcastic rant, criticizing the game. And I suppose that's fine. We all have things about the game we dislike. But there was nothing of real substance in your post. That makes it difficult to take it seriously.

Second, your approach to posting, which uses little to no punctuation, also makes it difficult to take what you write seriously. Additionally, no punctuation (and virtually no paragraph structure, save for this last post) is disrespectful to others. 

If you're unwilling to take the time to post something that is thoughtful and (at least somewhat) structured, you shouldn't be surprised by the responses you receive. 

And, for some of us, posting on a discussion board is one of our hobbies. Interacting with virtual friends can be quite fun and rewarding. It becomes a part of who we are. 

For example, I participate on a discussion board that is related to people finishing their dissertation. On that board, I struck up a friendship with someone who lives on the west coast of the USA (I live in midwest). Both of us finished our doctoral studies years ago. He's a full professor now, and I'm tenured and chair of my department. 

Nevertheless, every few months, we still exchange emails and get caught up on each other's families and our professional accomplishments. We've actually never met in person. But we have a virtual friendship that now spans more than a decade. 

The point is that friendships grow out of discussion board relationships. Our example is not isolated. 

Regardless, if you were to take the time to really look around on these boards, you'll see that when people post substantive, thoughtful posts and questions, the replies they receive are respectful, helpful, and affirming. 

There are a lot of great people on these boards. But joining a discussion forum is like arriving at a party after it's started. When one first arrives, it's fairly bad form to tell the host that the party stinks and then go around and complain to everyone about the party.

It's fine to ask where the food and beverages are. It's another thing to say "Boy, this really stinks." Join in the conversation. Ask questions. Get to know people. But if you start poorly, don't be surprised if people respond in kind.

By the way, I deleted the meme you took offense at. It was simply meant to be a lighthearted joke. I apologize for offending. And no, I did not vote for Trump, In 2016, I only voted down-ticket items and did not cast a vote for president. 

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2019 1:18 PM

TopShelf2010:

DoctorLarry:
    I also suggest you send a friend request to HenryKawa

You have to admit though, our beloved was never as bad as this guy.

LOL

Don

I agree.  HK was not this bad and seems to be on the path to recovery (?).

RSS