Help › Forums

Clash 93

rated by 0 users
Sat, Feb 23 2019 6:52 AM (56 replies)
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2019 10:29 AM

AlaskanDame:
    Back to RSG for round 8.  I think y'all were just funnin' about St. A and Bo4 being out there somewheres.  lol

Thats all I'm getting is STA. 32 MPH winds

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2019 10:37 AM

DonCaron:

Just started another one, and another STA. This stinks

• AlaskanDame
    18,876 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2019 10:52 AM
    DonCaron:

AlaskanDame:
    Back to RSG for round 8.  I think y'all were just funnin' about St. A and Bo4 being out there somewheres.  lol

Round 9 for us is again Congressional. Please, please some of your St. A's, lol!
  • SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2019 11:12 AM

DonCaron:

DonCaron:

Just started another one, and another STA. This stinks

The same here... We've been getting nothing but St Andrews Front 9 with heavy winds as if the clash thing wasn't boring enough to start with...

• AlaskanDame
    18,876 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2019 3:31 PM

AlaskanDame:
    DonCaron:

AlaskanDame:

Round 9 for us is again Congressional. Please, please some of your St. A's, lol!

Round 10 @ RSG (same kind of winds as St. A, but the holes are getting tiring.).

• jacktrade51
    10,835 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2019 4:00 PM

Starting with the 6th match, Cong, St.A, RSG, RSG, Cong.

So so far we are 5 RSG, 3 Cong & 2 St.A with 1 to go.

A little more St. A would have suited me personally.  That said, we all have different preferences.

Tom.

• AlaskanDame
    18,876 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2019 5:51 PM

A mixture of 6 Congressional and 4 RSG for us.  Round 11 coming up . . . . any guesses, lol?

• jacktrade51
    10,835 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2019 6:23 PM

Our last one is at St. A.

So … 5 RSG, 3 Cong & 3 St.A in total.

• AlaskanDame
    18,876 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2019 6:47 PM
    AlaskanDame:

A mixture of 6 Congressional and 4 RSG for us.  Round 11 coming up . . . . any guesses, lol?

Make that 7 Congressional and 4 RSG. See ya at the 19th, "Jack," hopefully with a dry ball from the 18th, lol!
  • Nancy1959
    7,037 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2019 10:16 PM

Did anyone see the supposed fourth course in this Clash (Best of Par 4)?  I haven't seen anyone competing who played anything but Congressional, St Andrew and RSG.

I'm pretty sure that we got 6 at Congressional, 4 at St. Andrew and 1 at RSG in our 11 Clashes....it could have been 2 at RSG, but I was sleeping so I don't know 100%.  In any case, WGT hasn't figured out some obvious things yet regarding their Clashes:

1)  More would participate (and therefore WGT would make a lot more money) if they didn't set up Clashes like this one in 30 mph hurricane-like winds.  For most people, they would rather have hot tar poured up their noses then to play in conditions like that.

2)  Many teams would play harder (and therefore WGT would make a lot more money) if there were decent prizes for those who finish 2nd or 3rd (where only one member gets a handful of golf balls when their team went through hundreds or thousands of golf balls, not to mention CC passes, to compete).

3)  It's ridiculous that they still have the courses set as a random draw.  Sometimes it is very unfair what selection of courses one team is getting compared to another (and I have been on both sides of this in the past 2+ years since I started participating in Clashes).  Also, it is very boring for those of us who might Clash for 12 straight hours or more in a day to get the exact same course over and over and over again.  I played one Clash where our team got 9 of the 11 rounds on one course!  They should create it so that everyone is playing the same course in each and every one of the eleven Clashes....and rotate the courses so that if someone is playing for three straight four-hour Clashes that they would see three different courses during that time.  This would also fix the "It's not fair what courses we got when so-and-so CC got these courses" complaint (which is truly valid).

4)  WGT should hire me.   :)

RSS