Forums

Help › Forums

Hole Placement

Wed, Mar 6 2019 11:40 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • JCx2018
    10 Posts
    Wed, Feb 20 2019 4:55 PM

I'm sure I'm not the first to ask, I've talked to many other players and EVERY single one has agreed that we would ALL like to see the holes move from time to time around the greens. WGT has been around for quite some time and we're all surprised this isn't already part of the game. Is this beyond the abilities of WGT or TOPGOLF? If not then I have to ask why has it not become part of the game? Thx JC

• lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Wed, Feb 20 2019 5:55 PM

JCx2018:

I'm sure I'm not the first to ask, I've talked to many other players and EVERY single one has agreed that we would ALL like to see the holes move from time to time around the greens. WGT has been around for quite some time and we're all surprised this isn't already part of the game. Is this beyond the abilities of WGT or TOPGOLF? If not then I have to ask why has it not become part of the game? Thx JC

You`re right you arent the first to ask .  Its been asked for and ignored by WGT for years now . As usual , requests that make sense seldom if ever get done . With only 1 course added every year . It would make sense to work on new hole locations in between the new course addition . But this is WGT and it wont be done .

Every course should have 3 hole locations , as its setup that way . They have the pictures to do so but no reason as to why not . As a matter of fact they should be able to do 2   new sets of pins a year . But as stated they wont do things that make sense .

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Wed, Feb 20 2019 6:33 PM

Probably due to the lack of economic compensation instantly or effectively, it is the only thing that these people think, improve the game the minimum and have a greater economic incomme

With a SIMPLE set of 4 pins per course ... would be enough, and provide almost double the gaming experience, they prefer to invest hours of development on $hits like the effects for balls, what else can you expect?, sad (because is a nice game)

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Wed, Feb 20 2019 6:53 PM

Actually, WGT has to work with the pictures they already have (camera locations) which limits them somewhat.  

It is true that they will not spend money on something that does not have a payback.  Business.

I really don't think it takes them 10 minutes to add another ball effect and though they give them away occassionally, they do bring in some amount of income other times from folks that want them (not me).

It would be nice but it is not expected.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Wed, Feb 20 2019 7:24 PM

8 of 12 courses already have 2 sets of pins if I'm not mistaken....3 would be nice but so would free balls, and it too will never happen!

being able to learn how to properly play them does require practice though, even 1 set.....!

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Wed, Feb 20 2019 10:20 PM

JCx2018:
    I'm sure I'm not the first to ask, [...]
    True - you're but the 587th to ask...

You might use the search =>
    to see all the former futile discussions. These were futile because WGT doesn't take part and never reacts to them. Nevertheless, some insight is available there, about chances and obstacles to new pins, about former releases of pin sets...

Cautionary note: Hope is futile - they are WGT!

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Wed, Feb 20 2019 10:27 PM

fatdan:
    8 of 12 courses already have 2 sets of pins if I'm not mistaken
    IIRC, the quota is 5 of 12, with STA, KIA, BPB, CCC and MER showing double pin sets.

Not quite sure about Cabo and Whistler, but these are outside of your "12" count.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Wed, Feb 20 2019 11:33 PM

I was thinking Oakmont, which "did", but it is gone, and I would have sworn RSG and Olympic, but they sure don't do they...I have no idea if Cabo or Whistler do.....

Just bought the "new 400 mbps" internet,,,,,they say, 300mbps "upload" speed((( this I gotta see)))) compared too 1.4 upload with U-Verse....so I should be recording/twitching, etc, as soon as I get the Cataract Surgery at those speeds, which should be fun!

• adrob2
    591 Posts
    Thu, Feb 21 2019 4:03 AM

fatdan:
    so would free balls, and it too will never happen!

I thought we had free balls (rocks) already.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Thu, Feb 21 2019 4:07 AM

What is even more frustrating is to play a course that has different pin placements but seldom see the the second one. BPB is a prime example. How often do you get to see the back location on #8 ? When was the last time you played with the pin at the front of #3?

What does it take alternate pins on holes that have two locations?

• PAGES
RSS