Forums

Help › Forums

Tour Legend Bracket Tournaments?

Sun, Mar 31 2019 8:58 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Rushore100
    29 Posts
    Wed, Feb 13 2019 6:14 AM

I play a lot of general bracket tournaments, and when I was legend tier, there were money tournaments just for the legend tier.  However, now that I'm tour legend, there are no money tournaments just for my tier.  It's either non-money tournaments, or it's tierless, and I've noticed that it's almost always the tour champions that win them shooting ridiculous scores like 55 on Olympia Fields on a windy day.  There is a reason they are tour champions and I'm only a tour legend as of yet.  I haven't yet reached the levels that allow me to get the top clubs they own, and I haven't yet gotten the experience necessary to play at that level, or I'd already be a tour champion.  The credits I earned playing in the legend brackets are all gone because I can't make the final four most tournaments.  Why don't they have money brackets for my tier?

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Wed, Feb 13 2019 10:44 AM

Rushore100:
    there were money tournaments

AFAIK there has never been money tournaments, credits yes, money no.

Rushore100:
    I've noticed that it's almost always the tour champions that win them shooting ridiculous scores like 55 on Olympia Fields on a windy day. 

Firstly it's The Olympic Club, secondly 55 isn't a ridiculous score if your good enough and practised, made notes etc.

Your comments are going to leave you open to........we'll wait and see!

• Rushore100
    29 Posts
    Wed, Feb 13 2019 12:06 PM

Thank you for entirely missing the point.  I don't think I've ever seen a tour legend get a 55 under high winds from back tees, especially at the Olympic Club (I realized it after I posted it, but I couldn't edit the post until it was accepted).  This has nothing to do with being practiced enough or good enough.  It's not reasonable for MOST tour legends to compete on the same level as MOST tour champions.

• middbrew
    318 Posts
    Thu, Feb 14 2019 6:44 AM

To be honest, I don't see the need for credit based tournaments for the tour legend tier. I say this based on the free bracket tournaments. I have signed and played in a few of these and there just isn't the interest from the players in the tier. I've been waiting for the current tour legend bracket tourney to fill up for over a week. I don't even remember what I shot it's been so long. Ready go tourneys are a little better, but not much. So the offer of credits aren't the issue.

• rushore
    1 Posts
    Thu, Feb 14 2019 2:22 PM

middbrew:
    I've been waiting for the current tour legend bracket tourney to fill up for over a week.

Very few people want to play the free tournaments.  I had the same problem at the legend level, but I never had to wait more than a few hours for the credit tournaments at that level.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Thu, Feb 14 2019 9:06 PM

Rushore100:
    Thank you for entirely missing the point. 

lol...no!!

That wasn't the original question.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Feb 15 2019 4:51 AM

Wow! Two Rushores on the same thread and the latter has no history

• BHenke2
    397 Posts
    Fri, Feb 15 2019 6:00 AM

DonCaron:

Wow! Two Rushores on the same thread and the latter has no history

Oops, Busted!

• treebeard
    227 Posts
    Fri, Feb 15 2019 6:03 AM

I like the free tournaments a lot, as do many others.

My main reason being that, the people who play them are posting true scores and generally having a relaxing time. I even win a few credits sometimes.

Merry Friday

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Fri, Feb 15 2019 6:40 AM

PMSL

The second one is also an AM who apparently had problems at L level

rushore:
    I had the same problem at the legend level,

QFT
    rushore:
    Very few people want to play the free tournaments.  I had the same problem at the legend level, but I never had to wait more than a few hours for the credit tournaments at that level.
  • PAGES
RSS