Forums

Help › Forums

Haven't Seen Post

Mon, Feb 18 2019 7:15 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • JCx2018
    10 Posts
    Tue, Feb 12 2019 6:41 PM

I added a post on my dislike of the way the daily clock is set up and was given the message that because it was my first post (and it was not my first post) it would be reviewed before being released, this was 3 days ago? perhaps 4? and I haven't seen it posted and am wondering why?? My wording was clean it was simply a post of honest criticism. I would like to see my post posted in the forum so I might see if others feel the same way as I do. I wonder will this simple post be posted??

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Wed, Feb 13 2019 5:46 PM

Newer members (and many others) start out with posts being moderated (=delayed) so that may account for some of it.  I posted nicely on the wall of one of the mods to ask to be removed from moderation and I was.  Of course, this was after I had 50-100 posts at the time.

WGT can also put people back on moderation if they have a complaint from other users, but a civil post should not trigger that.

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Wed, Feb 13 2019 6:11 PM

JCx2018:

I added a post on my dislike of the way the daily clock is set up and was given the message that because it was my first post (and it was not my first post) it would be reviewed before being released, this was 3 days ago? perhaps 4? and I haven't seen it posted and am wondering why?? My wording was clean it was simply a post of honest criticism. I would like to see my post posted in the forum so I might see if others feel the same way as I do. I wonder will this simple post be posted??

On average, about the first 35 posts are moderated. It happens to everyone. Typically, the posts show up within 24 hours or so (sometimes a bit faster; sometimes a bit slower). 

Not sure why yours hasn't displayed. You could post to one of the moderator's walls and ask. 

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Thu, Feb 14 2019 12:31 AM

From your activity log, there was no post for more than a month. The last one before was on Jan. 5th. So, either did you not post it, or it was rejected.

JCx2018:
    My wording was clean it was simply a post of honest criticism.
    This should be no obstacle - criticism w/o foul language is well acceptable here. Also, more than once, foul posts have passed moderation...

You might try it again(?)

P.S. I see that you buy a lot of shot + putt pals.

One of them is freely available in your L3 CC, and the other will be free from L4 on.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Feb 14 2019 6:07 AM

JCx2018:
    I added a post on my dislike of the way the daily clock is set up

I am curious, what is wrong with the way the daily clock is set up?  IMHO it's pretty straight forward the way it is. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Feb 14 2019 7:46 AM

alosso:
    From your activity log, there was no post for more than a month. The last one before was on Jan. 5th

Yes and it was an eyeopener where duplicate IDs were exposed. One of those basic D'OH moments. LOL

Might explain why the post never made it through, that ID is presumably gone.  :-)

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Feb 14 2019 10:41 AM

Deleted after realizing it was already mentioned.

• JCx2018
    10 Posts
    Thu, Feb 14 2019 5:37 PM

How do I post on a moderator's wall? Thx very much for your help

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Thu, Feb 14 2019 6:55 PM

JCx2018:
      How do I post on a moderator's wall? Thx very much for your help

Simply go to the person's profile page and in "The Wall" section, click on "New Wall Post" and post a message. 

Some of the moderators are WGTChampion, WGTicon, and WGTShamWow.

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Thu, Feb 14 2019 9:21 PM
    Also, got to ask, what's your problem with the clock? And which clock, the game clock or the daily time clock? If the latter, the day changes at 0000 UTC, which makes sense as we have players on all, or nearly all, continents (not sure about Antarctica).
  • PAGES
RSS