Forums

Help › Forums

Did You Know?

Wed, Feb 13 2019 6:48 PM (22 replies)
  • BogeyOne
    1,961 Posts
    Wed, Feb 13 2019 8:43 AM

gherkinhead1:

Did you know that in 1247 my Great Grandfather built the Bell on the 18th hole at St Andrews - Scotland?

Folklore has it that he located the clapper too low in the bell and subsequently he came down with a case of. . .

Yes, that is the late Billy Preston on keyboards.

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Wed, Feb 13 2019 10:33 AM

BogeyOne:

gherkinhead1:

Did you know that in 1247 my Great Grandfather built the Bell on the 18th hole at St Andrews - Scotland?

Folklore has it that he located the clapper too low in the bell and subsequently he came down with a case of. . .

Yes, that is the late Billy Preston on keyboards.

I wonder, did he survive or was it terminal ?

Cheers

Rich

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Feb 13 2019 6:48 PM

whooshdangit:

Luvvly Jubbly Jim

Not a Ford person, the Peugeot though was a rocket. A 1.9 GTI too : ) bet you had no trouble with Plod.

To this date only one speeding ticket ever.  One early Sunday morning on a flat landscape with no one about except one van near lights.  I was the right place wrong time and took the bait.  I accelerated to catch green (see for miles) and got an SP30 (40 in a 30)....Camera was behind the one van I was well enough past......

Remember Essex had the Ford plant (s) and so probably more common there as those days most everyone knew someone working there and got the discount ticket.  VWs etc were lovely but V a Ford on a discounted employee deal...........They sold lots for a reason. Second hand a MKV Cortina at Colchester Auctions (when I was even younger) made a lot of sense as just a zillion it seemed going through, and I always enjoyed driving it.  Sooner have had an Audi but champagne tastes and beer money.........

The 1,9GTI pocket rocket competed well enough (edit talking price) and nutso quick for the masses....

RSS