Help › Forums

New clubs / new driver

Wed, Feb 13 2019 12:25 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ralemb
    18 Posts
    Sat, Feb 9 2019 9:41 AM

Hi,

i am looking to a new driver - currently I am level 82 and trying to speed up in levels with playing every day and I am hopefully close to master (average now under 70) and I have 1.500 credits and will selling my current driver I would get another 600. I am playing  online on mobile app:

ping anser 2 putter (l44+)

Taylor made 9.0 driver aldila 65 - l48+

Taylor made r15 wood (l41)

Taylor made m2 irons (l68)

Cleveland wegde 60 - (l29)

Cleveland wegde 56 - (27)

i don't know how long it takes to get level 100 e.g. but is it worth to wait for the Taylor made l98+ for 2.995 credits 

i am happy to get some suggestions for my equipment. I think I can get some other credits with some referral links or so...

I would love to have more distance as this is the most advantage in this game I guess - driver distance. I do have following clubs:

another questions: I have a lifetime putter pul or something with showing 10,20,30,33 etc- percentages--- is this normal and for everyone the same?

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Sun, Feb 10 2019 8:11 PM

ralemb:

...- currently I am level 82 and trying to speed up in levels with playing every day.

i don't know how long it takes to get level 100 e.g. but is it worth to wait for the Taylor made l98+ for 2.995 credits 

I would love to have more distance as this is the most advantage in this game I guess - driver distance. 

I have a lifetime putter pul or something with showing 10,20,30,33 etc- percentages--- is this normal and for everyone the same?

1.  It takes a long time to get to Level 100.  You need 10X as many XP to get to Level 100 as it took to get to Level 82 - in other words, you are about 10% of the way to Level 100.

2.  The most important clubs in your bag do not include the driver.  Remember the saying "Drive for show, putt for dough"?  You hit the putter more than any other club and putting historically accounts for more than 40% of your shots.  Get a good putter.

3.  I think wedges are the next most important to get you close to the hole.  You have some decent wedges - practice getting the ball closer to the hole.

4.  Your putter pal is due to being in a country club.  The meter readings are based on the putter you have.

BTW - your CC owner, alosso, is a great resource of information and is very helpful.  He can and will help you.

• AlaskanDame
    18,956 Posts
    Sun, Feb 10 2019 8:55 PM

ralemb:
    I would love to have more distance as this is the most advantage in this game I guess - driver distance.
    The best way to get driver distance on mobile is to keep wearing and upgrading a Swing Edge cap.  So, keep winning coins by the daily slots and in coin rooms and use them for upgrades of your cap.  Click on Swing Edge for your Sponsor, too, as often as the time clock allows, and play one-hole games to get lots in during the 1/2 hour.  Don't pay coins for anything else, just the cap upgrades.

My mobile driver is up to 303 yards now . . . . . .

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sun, Feb 10 2019 8:58 PM

AlaskanDame:
    My mobile driver is up to 303 yards now

G-string, sorry underpants upgrade!

Dont you just love mobile

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Sun, Feb 10 2019 9:51 PM

Moin moin, ralemb, 

schön Dich hier zu sehen!

You'd advance in Levels faster if you played (CC) tournaments. Find a table of XP / Level reference here.

I suggest that you don't invest in clubs right now. Yours are quite good, and the next tier promotion brings a hefty step in track lengths. Just have a look then to see what you need.

An upgrade in 3WD might then make a difference, and if you have credits to spend, replace the wedges one by one, from long to short.

Have fun!

• ralemb
    18 Posts
    Mon, Feb 11 2019 12:26 AM

Hi all and thanks a lot...

sorry for my little experience but I don't know that much about all those things, as you might image:) Also the CC thing... I am in a cc but basically don't have anything to do with it unless the first game a day where something is collected for the CC. I think a big thing is when you play mobile only. I would love to play matchplay e.g. but it is inly possible on desktop...

i have some feedback on written things in the post here:

@DoctorLarry:

I takes longer, but when playing every day you get more and more XP every day...

What Putter do you recommend - is mine bad?

@AlaskanDame:

I use the apparel not for improving skills but just a a fun thing.. so don't go for swing edge but MC mills or how its called :) But anyway. I am upgrading anything because having those coins is not an issue in this game I guess...so why only upgrading caps?

@alosso:

thanks, I might need to be a little more involved with CC - but as I said I only play mobile, so I guess I cannot use all the advantages...

• middbrew
    318 Posts
    Tue, Feb 12 2019 6:03 AM

ralemb:

sorry for my little experience but I don't know that much about all those things, as you might image:) Also the CC thing... I am in a cc but basically don't have anything to do with it unless the first game a day where something is collected for the CC. I think a big thing is when you play mobile only. I would love to play matchplay e.g. but it is inly possible on desktop...

The ability to play match play is something a lot of us mobile players have been asking WGT to add for mobile play. Maybe some day. As of right now there are a lot of mobile only clubs and what we do is play h2h and keep a mental match play score between us.

i have some feedback on written things in the post here:

@DoctorLarry:

I takes longer, but when playing every day you get more and more XP every day...

What Putter do you recommend - is mine bad?

Yours isn't bad, but I'd suggest the Odyssey Versa #1 Black Putter (L70+). There's a lot of players that have had pretty good success with it.

@AlaskanDame:

I use the apparel not for improving skills but just a a fun thing.. so don't go for swing edge but MC mills or how its called :) But anyway. I am upgrading anything because having those coins is not an issue in this game I guess...so why only upgrading caps?

Different apparel add different functions to you game. The Swing Edge cap is the piece of apparel that adds the extra yards to your driver.

@alosso:

thanks, I might need to be a little more involved with CC - but as I said I only play mobile, so I guess I cannot use all the advantages...

As suggested by DoctorLarry, reach out to alosso, your CC owner. If there aren't  any tournaments set up for the mobile players in the club (there might actually be some already) he should be willing to do so.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Tue, Feb 12 2019 6:47 AM

middbrew:
    Yours isn't bad, but I'd suggest the Odyssey Versa #1 Black Putter (L70+). There's a lot of players that have had pretty good success with it.

+1 

• ralemb
    18 Posts
    Tue, Feb 12 2019 7:04 AM

hi all,

so you would suggest to go for a new putter first instead of wedge/driver/irons?

Would this be a putter which is goof to keep forever and even when being lvl100 or so? U want to avoid to upgrade and buy a second time and this is still not enough... and the putter is very expensive...

• HalHoff
    810 Posts
    Tue, Feb 12 2019 9:25 AM

Level 70 Versa Putter (2495 credits)The increments are 15/30/60/100

Lwvel 76-80 Cleveland Wedges 64, 60 and 56 degree (1595 each)rated for 60/80/100 yards

Level 85 Callaway irons (3445 credits) 220/115 yards

Level 85 Callaway Driver (2645 credits) 282 yards. 

Level 86 Callaway 3W (1695 credits) 242 yards

Those will serve you well as getting up to level 96-100 will take you a long time now to gain that much xp points. Consecutive days being the main way to get there playing ranked round tourneys to,maximize.

Level 96 BigBertha driver (3295) is the first 287 yard driver available after that

• PAGES
RSS