Forums

Help › Forums

Club Clash #92

Mon, Feb 11 2019 8:11 PM (22 replies)
  • AlaskanDame
    18,876 Posts
    Fri, Feb 8 2019 6:47 AM

jacktrade51:

3 straight EH's since my last post, so now we are in bossbird territory.

Good thing all our people were asleep vs. your club. You won anyway, though Erin Hills.

We haven't had 2 in a row yet, nor returned to our first (Wolf), but have had these: Wolf, Erin, 5's, Pebble, 5's, Erin, Pebble, 5's. . . . would be fun if Wolf came back for the last 3, but 5's and Pebble will do!

EDIT:  The Wolf came back for Round 9!

Par 5's for Round 10

This is the most variety my club has ever had in a Clash.

• jacktrade51
    10,835 Posts
    Fri, Feb 8 2019 5:04 PM

So we started BOP and PB F9, then EH and WC on back.

Since then, we have been EH, EH, EH, PB, EH, EH.

I'll post 11th match when it come up, but I am blaming bossbird.  (Kidding.)

LATER EDIT: BOP5 on last match.

So to add it up, 6 EH's, 2 BOP5's, 2 PB's and 1 Wolf Creek.

We are never going to be a top 10 club and we are well entrenched in top 50 so I am not complaining this time.  But this is interesting and we should keep it going.

Tom.

• AlaskanDame
    18,876 Posts
    Fri, Feb 8 2019 9:07 PM
    Our 2nd, 6th, and 11th were at Erin Hills. (Wish we could have ended with the 5's; might just be the difference between above and below 50th . . . . but hey, what's another course builder anyway, now that the "glitch" is gone?)

2 Wolfs, 4 of the 5's, 3 Erins, and 2 Pebbles. Next time it will be 7 Merions and 4 Oly's!
  • HoleIN1Pregnancy
    1 Posts
    Fri, Feb 8 2019 10:02 PM

You guys don't want any of this come on.

• Ketket1
    6,871 Posts
    Sat, Feb 9 2019 2:12 AM

It's an interesting topic which I know has been raised in other forum threads before. We got lucky this time with BoP5, WC, WC, WC, BoP5, WC, PB, EH, WC, WC and EH. 

BoP5 clearly the best scoring course followed by WC. 

I guess over many Clash events the good/lucky Course draws even themselves out with the bad/unlucky draws but it surely can't be that hard to balance it out between the country clubs. For example, Course 1 for all clubs in the first 3 hours, Course 2 for the next 4 hours, Course 3 for the next 4 and so on and so on. That way it would be an even playing field in every Clash event, not just over multiple Clash events. 

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sat, Feb 9 2019 5:11 AM

Candy hearts for tee markers = "Dandy"  LOL 

I guess they let someone's 8 year old daughter design this one .  ffs

• leeparkin2013
    543 Posts
    Sat, Feb 9 2019 5:48 AM

I have to agree it's rather inconsistent or consistent as the case may be, our club Springbok Links Bad Boys finished 7th overall and like many of you we played 11 x clash games but didnt get to play the PAR 5 course once - had Erin - Pebble - Wolf creek - also noticed every other club in the top 14 played the PAR 5 course at least once - makes a big difference on points gained ..........level playing field I think not !

All the best 

Lee

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Sat, Feb 9 2019 6:06 AM

• DAVEJOHNMARSHALL
    105 Posts
    Sat, Feb 9 2019 7:59 AM

How can it be fair when some cc's are playing the easy courses like bop5 and others are playing erin hills.I play from champion tees and can still get birdie or better on most holes.erin hills from the back tees is not easy.except for the elite.

• AlaskanDame
    18,876 Posts
    Sat, Feb 9 2019 11:14 AM
    CEverett12:

Candy hearts for tee markers = "Dandy"  LOL 

I guess they let someone's 8 year old daughter design this one .  ffs

I'm just glad the contingent that wanted "Love" and "WGT" on the two hearts lost the vote.
RSS