Forums

Help › Forums

TO WEDGE PUTT or NOT TO WEDGE PUTT ?

Wed, Feb 27 2019 10:36 AM (71 replies)
  • kipdog87
    2,046 Posts
    Tue, Feb 5 2019 3:32 PM

Sorry to all you rule bender, But once on the green you putt.

MICK

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Tue, Feb 5 2019 4:51 PM

el3n1:
    But your posts are/were suggesting it is okay for mobile to have a club enhancement feature even though it "may be an advantage" but you don't consider it an advantage or do you..

I don't know how many different ways I can say it. So, I'll stick to repetition.

Yes, it is an advantage.

Yes, WGT should address it.

Regardless, I still think the probability of that specific advantage being the determining factor in the outcome of an event is extremely low, which means there is no unfair or real advantage (in general), especially when all other factors are considered.

Both platforms have advantages and disadvantages. To characterize this one as "unfair" seems a bit of a stretch. Generally, I think the advantages and disadvantages are a wash. Winners of tournaments are basically decided by skill and (most likely) a bit of luck. 

And as far as addressing the advantages PC players have, you've written on this topic. If I recall correctly, you've written how it's easier to play heavy winds on the PC than it is the mobile.Sure, those tools are external to the game. But they still only work with the PC platform. Also, if I remember correctly, you've written that it's easier to score better on the PC version. 

I think putting is easier on the PC. On the mobile, as far as I know, one cannot unlock the grid. Moreover, from my experience, the grid lines are more helpful on the PC than they are on the mobile. From my experience, there are way too many "hidden breaks" on the mobile.

I never wrote that there are "club enhancements" on the PC. So, I don't know where you got that from. I only stated that there are advantages to playing the PC platform. And there are. Moreover, some of those advantages are built in the game as noted above with respect to putting. That some advantages are external to the game doesn't negate that they remain advantages. 

• Rick6208
    2,136 Posts
    Tue, Feb 5 2019 6:13 PM

I have played both versions of the game and I agree putting on the PC platform seems to be easier !  where I think the Wedge putt is unfair is on the Mobile app game in the coin rooms. when you faced with a 50 foot putt with a couple of breaks and you Wedge Putt you take the breaks out of it and just have to calculate the distance, a traditional putt you have to calculate both distance and breaks ! ADVANTAGE WEDGE PUTT ! if your opponent does not know how to WEDGE PUTT its even a bigger advantage

So thats why im saying its a legal tool than put it in the same tool box as the pitch, flop and chip box

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Tue, Feb 5 2019 6:30 PM

kipdog87:

No need to apologize because it neither breaks nor even bends a rule. 

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Tue, Feb 5 2019 8:36 PM

kipdog87:

MICK

Better to learn the actual rules rather than claim others are "bending" them.  If you don't use it appropriately, it is your loss.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Tue, Feb 5 2019 9:25 PM

kipdog87:

MICK

Wrong, nothing in the rules of golf, against it.

R&A

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Feb 6 2019 8:08 AM

umm. yall are kind of missing something that's glaringly obvious.  I kind of hesitate to point out what yall two who are debating aren't thinking about.

Think about the overall of what you're debating and what the flaw is.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Wed, Feb 6 2019 8:14 AM

Why don't you just state it.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Feb 6 2019 8:43 AM

Robert1893:

because then people would do it.

That's happened with some other things only a few people knew about. plus Ed means well but he will complain about it in public. then in a day 10000 people would be doing it. and in a week everyone would be.

WGT would take months if not years to address it. 

Then instead of me not really caring if a few people do it because it doesn't affect me that often, everyone in WGT would be doing it.  and then i'd have to also because the sheer number of people doing it would  skew the outcomes to a large enough degree that you'd have to in order to compete.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Wed, Feb 6 2019 10:13 AM

Mythanatos:
    Robert1893:

because then people would do it.

Why shouldn't they wedge putt?

(If you mean something else, name it, preferably in a new thread)

As a matter of fact, there ain't much to do wrong in this game: If the program allows for it, it's legal (and accessible to all players), and if the program blocks it, it's out of reach.

The main items to play foul here constitute outside influence:

- play with more than one account, or
    - use external programs to get direct influence to the game.

Both are illegal by the T&Cs stated below, and none of these are a subject of this thread.

Also, in real golf, the subject action is legal and frequent practice (*) - frowned upon only by some amateurs in anticipatory obedience caused by rumours around the courses.

(*) look up Phil Mickelson in youtube

So: Speak out or consider yourself irrelevant.

RSS