Forums

Help › Forums

Stuck in a Rut

rated by 0 users
Sun, Apr 7 2019 10:22 AM (36 replies)
  • 18randy18
    499 Posts
    Thu, Jan 31 2019 6:28 AM

I would like to pick other players / owners opinion on how to keep Country Club fresh and interesting,  seems ours has hit a slump with just a handful of players participating and contributing daily XP points. We have try purse rounds, tier specific, brackets, etc.. I am sure other CC are experiencing this also,  so let's share some ideas.

Randy

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Fri, Feb 1 2019 3:23 AM

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Fri, Feb 1 2019 4:24 AM

• mega1byte
    768 Posts
    Fri, Feb 1 2019 6:06 AM

I know our club will be up and down at times, its called life taking precedence.

We have had our club going for quite a few years , we seemly never reach over 65 members with about 40% who rarely play.(And unfortunately almost all of those are mobile players.)

We run Tourneys every month and offer a website to help those trying to get better.

We try to promote those that have made accomplishments.

We even post trophy's to their wall when they win a Tourney to bolster their achievements.

Don't think there's a magic formula, lol , or if there is one I'm not sure of what it would be.

I know this month we will probably lose at least 12 people due to inactivity per club rules.

So recruit, recruit recruit.

• 18randy18
    499 Posts
    Fri, Feb 1 2019 6:14 AM

Thank you for your input Don,  and yes I am mostly referring to CC tourneys, about 8 to 10 of us play 80% of tourneys. Which I guess 25 to 30 % participation may be the norm? While we are level 18 most of those points are earned by a handful of big earners. Maybe I am being overly concerned ?  Maybe I am the one in a rut ? lol

Randy

• SidersBest
    873 Posts
    Fri, Feb 1 2019 6:33 AM

mega1byte:

I know this month we will probably lose at least 12 people due to inactivity per club rules.

Your the Owner, if it bothers you, change the rules

Siders Best

• cbbcrazy
    488 Posts
    Fri, Feb 1 2019 6:34 AM

I have been a club owner for 7 years,  our numbers are way down and have been dwindling for quite some time.  The elimination of Nike Balls resulting in replacement with balls that are way too expensive had an effect.  Loosing Oakmont another detriment, and VEM the real killer of play.

I have been running weekend FEDEX tournaments for 2 years now,  4 days to play 2 eighteen hole rounds single play.  With FedEx points turning into credits at the end.  Free credits don't seem to work either, only with the true members that want to support the club.

About 2 months ago I just did a purge,  I gave members the option to play or leave or get booted.  Ended up with about 14 players that play regularly.  May not have been the answer but I now have a club that plays at about 85% of the time.  Good luck with your issues,  I have been there and done that with everything I know to do and this last effort has worked the best.

• mega1byte
    768 Posts
    Fri, Feb 1 2019 7:09 AM

Your the Owner, if it bothers you, change the rules

Really?

So you show up to just give negative narratives, When your club has at least 50 members who haven't played since last year!

We like our club active if they don't play for 6 months they are removed from the members list.

I'd rather have an active large club then a large inactive one that can be seen among many of the larger groups.

Thank You for your input!

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Fri, Feb 1 2019 9:21 AM

18randy18:
    seems ours has hit a slump with just a handful of players participating and contributing daily XP points.
    O my!

So you have achieved CC L18 with only 45 players, and about half of them have played today (it's only noon!), 40 have played this year and the remaining five have played in the three months before that. So, participation certainly is not a problem(?)

If this is a slump, I wanna know what you'd consider a boom!

You - the board - might need a paradigm shift. Is it really the only factual problem named that "daily XPs" are not contributed? Which goal is hidden behind that "problem"? Do your members share this goal, or is compliance the main necessity in your CC? 

To me, this race is futile. Instead, it might be better to see the game realistic - as a game, a leisure activity. Spread fun between your fellow members, and they will play!

My two Pfennig, in short: Forget the XPs, play for fun!

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Fri, Feb 1 2019 10:28 AM

@ 18randy18  I dont think that you have anything to worry about . I too have a small club 32 members and L18 as well . There`s nothing you can do except let them play . All of my club members can set up tournaments as they choose to . No one complains about there not being enough tournaments because of this .

So maybe opening up your club more this way may help . Also ask your members what it is that they want to see happening in the club . What style of play interests them and go from there . So communicate with your club members and then you will be able to improve your club . 

But remember that they have a life and the real world comes before this game . Good luck with your club .:-) 

RSS