Forums

Help › Forums

Does Wind Affect Putts In Any Way?

Sat, Jul 27 2019 4:06 AM (31 replies)
  • DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Fri, Feb 1 2019 8:17 PM

Since deena does not allow replies - gee, I wonder why? - let's preserve some of this abuse for posterity and moderators:

Quoting goldeena directly via copy/paste:

"It's a load of outdated nonsense that avatar cr"p whichever way you look at it- get VGG Caddy pro folks.

errr.....Robert, what 'relevant' point are you making at all, or for that matter what relevant point do you EVER make at all - meet the blanket block, blanket block meet Robert - and marriage to BB is for life 'one can go and disappear up ones sun-shine blocker can't one' (finally gets rid of that WHOPPER!!).

Brett - yeah, but all that matters is right now - all these stat monkeys talking sh"t just like you -  and I am one of the deadliest putters in the game these days so u best watch that fat arrogant TC mouth of yours before you get upended and left red faced sweetheart and unlike some I ain't using a packet editor to get my scores down, know what I mean ;-) 

course you do.

.......and blanket blocked with Robert goes 'fat mouth Peterson', or should we call him 'thick lip' when I decide to turn up on the circuit.

No time for fools folks, don't suffer 'em.
    They crack me up these guys - they have been doing the same thing for years and have nothing new at all - you can imagine 'em can't you - staring at their avatars and gazing mesmerized at the ding point lolololos, WGT golf nut cases :-)
    Problems with the scales - VGG Caddy pro.
    Problems hitting the ding - see-click or calibrated see-click."
    End quote.
    My two favorite lines are:
    "I am one of the deadliest putters in the game these days"
    and
    "No time for fools folks, don't suffer 'em."
    I looked at your stats - and they are not really any better than mine (and mine aren't very good - yet).  You have been on WGT since 2012 and I joined a year ago.  Both legends - I don't know when you tiered up to Legend but I did just 2 months ago, so it will take a while to get my average back down, but not too long.
    You are at level 96 and me about to level up to 94.
    I would heavily advise against sh*t-talking when you can't back it up.  After all. we have...
    "No time for fools folks, don't suffer 'em."
    OMG - you don't think she will block me???  LOL, if I'm lucky.
  • SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Fri, Feb 1 2019 10:40 PM

What is also really shocking is how the hell one can amuse with the GIF of an old lady in electric wheelchair dangerously falling back on escalator!?

↓EDIT : I'm sure the escalator was OK and so was the lady probably, Robert. Only wanted to point out that the situation nevertheless wasn't a laughing matter and yet making it the butt of ridicule just shows the person's state of mind really.

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Sat, Feb 2 2019 7:05 AM

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Mon, Feb 4 2019 11:54 AM

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Mon, Feb 4 2019 12:44 PM

Goldeena:

???????

That was just about the most useless, least understood rant i've read in all my years on the internet. (and that's saying something)

• dadddioooo
    17 Posts
    Tue, Mar 26 2019 4:59 AM

Well said

• Tony08888
    564 Posts
    Mon, Jul 8 2019 8:43 AM

This a copy and pate from MistresseCosette's blog dealing with wind resistance for putting.

7. Figure wind resistance.(this is also expounded upon later in this blog) Wind resistance in general once you figure the percentage of a putt is usually .1 percent addition (point one...or one-tenth of a percent) for every mile an hour of wind in your face AND using the wind angle factors...yes...those come into play also)

• Yiannis1970
    3,261 Posts
    Tue, Jul 9 2019 8:16 AM

Chrynch:

I'm looking for a definitive answer, hopefully from WGT or someone who knows for sure.  I have had this argument for years with a member of my Country Club. I say wind does not affect putts in any way and that wind is not part of the programming for putts. Can we please put this issue to rest with a definitive answer? 

Definitive answer: Wind does affect the putts. High winds so much more. The long putts (over 30 feet) ''suffer'' more. I remember missing a straight putt at 9 on SA from 4 feet with cross wind 29-31.

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Tue, Jul 23 2019 12:49 PM

I would like to hear more about the fake wind

RSS