Forums

Help › Forums

Paging " Dear Pabby "

Tue, Feb 20 2024 9:06 AM (59 replies)
  • craigswan
    30,970 Posts
    Fri, Mar 1 2019 1:09 PM

Help .

I am trapped in a McDonalds toilet  with my ass well and truly superglued to the porcelain. Someone spread the glue all over  and like a fool I just sat down on it.

I am permanently welded to the restroom bowl now and what's worse is that there's no door on the cubicle and I nipped into the women's as the men's was full..

• craigswan
    30,970 Posts
    Fri, Mar 1 2019 1:11 PM

Calm down. Completely!
    Its likely that the staff will take care of you over the next week, by which time the glue will have softened and you will be able to stand up and go home.

• craigswan
    30,970 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2019 8:27 AM

Greetings ,

World golf tour .

I recently played at the Wolf creek for the first time. I would like to give you some feedback about my overall experience there. This is not an attack on you, or your facility. Just some honest feedback from the perspective of an “everyday player” who loves playing golf.

#1 The course is far too difficult! This will discourage me from visiting your course again. My partner and I play golf several times a week including:st Andrews , erin hills and  bethpage and many others. This course, by far, is the most difficult. I don’t have a problem with “challenging” but your course is ridiculous.

craig .

• craigswan
    30,970 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2019 8:29 AM

From .

The general manager .

Sir . It is unfortunate that you found our course more challenging than you find tolerable. Some people share your view. Still, every year, golfers play over 40,000 rounds here, many of whom are regulars. We see men and women, young and old, novice and highly skilled. These are everyday golfers who find the challenge both motivating and enjoyable. They seek something more than the basic, plain vanilla, flat, spray-it-from-fairway-to-fairway golf course. If that is what you seek, we yield to your other choices. Ours is not a course for those who seek to lower their expectations.

• craigswan
    30,970 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2019 8:30 AM

Out of all the courses I play at, yours is the only one that charges a cart fee, per person. Ok, right, maybe the 15 or so, of all the other courses I play at are wrong, and you are the only one doing it right by charging a cart fee per person…Hmmmmm.

• craigswan
    30,970 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2019 8:31 AM

Craig .

This is so blatantly false that it undermines your credibility. Any golfer who managed to avoid a coma for the last 50 years knows that courses that allow walking and have a cart fleet charge cart fees. In fact, most of the courses you seem to like so much – Shandin Hills, Colton, Calimesa and Riverside – all have cart fees if you prefer not to walk. (Have you really played any of these courses?) Our course does not allow walking and therefore includes the cart in our green fees. But we do have guest riders (e.g., girlfriends, etc.) who pay a cart fee of $14. Many of our complimentary rounds are cart-fee only rounds, as are some special marketing coupons like the one you used.

I'm going to continue in bigger writing .

Furthermore, Craig ,you stated you were using a special coupon that allowed you to play for only a cart fee. The coupon stated the cart fee requirement in simple English – it was not written in Sanskrit, Swahili or Old Aramaic. So how could you possibly be surprised at paying the small fee that was disclosed to you in writing in advance? And if you thought the $14 cart fee excessive, or even repressive, then why for heaven’s sake would you bother to show up at all?

Hmmmmmm ….

• craigswan
    30,970 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2019 8:35 AM

I go on and ask .

Why all the reserved parking spots for the “elite golfing community”? Is that the message you want to send to the “everyday” golfer? That seems a bit, overly pretentious..

You are trying to be posh English .

• craigswan
    30,970 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2019 8:36 AM

I fight back with .

We have 197 parking spots in our 2 lots. Seven are for the disabled, who I suspect are neither pretentious nor part of any “the elite golfing community.” Another reserved space is for the owner. Two more spots are reserved for the men’s and women’s club champions. The last 3 spots are reserved for people who serve on the club’s advisory board and provide invaluable service to the club without any compensation. I find it hard to conclude we are running some elitist golf course because of these 13 reserved parking spots. I hope there was adequate room for you in our remaining 184 spaces.

• craigswan
    30,970 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2019 8:37 AM

Have you been demoted to assistant manager yet .

To be honest, we were introduced to your course through a “coupon book” that was given to us as a gift. However, after realizing that, you charge a cart fee, per person, the “savings” seems to be questionable. Case in point, we will not be using any other of the “coupons” in the book.

craig .

• craigswan
    30,970 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2019 8:39 AM

Please answer honestly .

Sir .

Surely you are joking. You actually feel ripped off by playing a Nicklaus Design golf course, formerly private, with an elegant clubhouse and sweeping views – for only $14 including cart with GPS? You didn’t even spend the $40 to buy the coupon book since it was a gift to you! So do you think golf should just be free — perhaps also your golf balls, tees, lunch and beer? And since you mentioned several other local courses – perfectly good places to play – tell me, do you play those courses for $14 including cart? We both know you do not, unless it is very late in the day.

RSS