Help › Forums

Ave score not changing for weeks

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jan 30 2019 10:40 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • BazookahJoe
    19 Posts
    Sun, Jan 27 2019 8:31 PM

I have been stuck at exactly 62.00 for a while now, nothing seems to change it. Beat two legends today in stroke, and lower level players as well, seems like something should change this a hundredth of a stroke?

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2019 6:46 AM

Your scores are most likely saturated. Also, it will never go down if you don't shoot below a 31, which I didn't see on your score history. Your 62.00 avg will need at minimum of a 31 unless it removes and old score with a better score! Average is a myth here anyway, focus on the fun!

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2019 9:57 AM

Hey Bazooka, ask the level 14 Hack with a 54 avg how it's done. They are highlighted in today's community spotlight. This has cracked me up since the day I joined. Champions right out of the womb. Shooting Eagles and 20 under with the umbilical cord still attached.

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2019 3:28 PM

BazookahJoe:
    two legends today in stroke
    That don't mean a thing - only the score counts in stroke play.

Beat a higher tier in a match, and you'll see the finest ave. drop imaginable.

Otherwise, shoot low scores in ranked rounds (not Par3s, Par5s, CC Custom, set-of-the-week) and you'll certainly get it.

But, most important of all, HAVE FUN!!!!

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2019 3:52 PM

Joe, you've gotten good answers, but just to clarify:

Stroke play is you against the course. What other players do is totally immaterial when it comes to your average. You can beat Tour Champions all day long in stroke play, and that alone won't do a thing for your average.

Beating higher ranked players in match play will help, and winning (or placing in the top 3 or so) in Ready Goes will help even more. In fact, that's how I nudged myself into the Legend tier before I was quite ready for it,

Note that the above methods only work until you hit Legend. At Legend, those avenues disappear.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2019 3:59 PM

alosso:

BazookahJoe:
    two legends today in stroke
    That don't mean a thing - only the score counts in stroke play.

Beat a higher tier in a match, and you'll see the finest ave. drop imaginable.

Otherwise, shoot low scores in ranked rounds (not Par3s, Par5s, CC Custom, set-of-the-week) and you'll certainly get it.

But, most important of all, HAVE FUN!!!!

Agree except for one question?  I did not think the average dropped from beating a higher tier player in match play, just that it (like winning tournaments) may help you to the next tier with an average somewhat less than usually required.  Maybe I'm wrong about the match play part?

• BazookahJoe
    19 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2019 6:45 PM

Thank you all, I will go for the 31.

• BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2019 9:30 PM

DoctorLarry:

Agree except for one question?  I did not think the average dropped from beating a higher tier player in match play, just that it (like winning tournaments) may help you to the next tier with an average somewhat less than usually required.  Maybe I'm wrong about the match play part?

From my experience, and all that I have read, only scores will effect your average. Beating higher ranked players and doing well in tournaments may get you bumped up a tier faster, but your average won't change. And to the best of my knowledge, even that only happens until you reach Legend.

I was bumped up to Legend when they were doing payouts for the monthly tournaments. I had finished top ten in most of the monthly tournaments, and in most the weekly tournaments that they happened to pay out all on the same day. My average was 62.8 when I was bumped to Legend. There could not have been any other reason for me to move up. Back then, all I ever played were the weekly and monthly tournaments.

Brett

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2019 11:46 PM

DoctorLarry:
    I did not think the average dropped from beating a higher tier player in match play, just that it (like winning tournaments) may help you to the next tier with an average somewhat less than usually required.
    You mean "average somewhat higher than usually" - true!

OTOH, I am the living proof for the match play path. I became Legend by beating two Legends in match play, and each win dropped my average by 0.7 strokes.

This was posted earlier this month, and it seems to be verifiable:

as a TourPro 1 completed MatchPlay win vs a Master or higher = 4 times 67 scre or your best TP score when you have one

as a Master 1 completed MatchPlay win vs a TourMaster or higher = 5 times 63 scre or your best M score when you have one

as a TourMaster 1 completed MatchPlay win vs a Legend or higher = 6 times 61 scre or your best TM score when you have one

as a Legend or higher MatchPlay does not affect your avg score

Tournament (=credit) wins, OTOH, seem to raise the threshold of tier promotion.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Tue, Jan 29 2019 11:14 AM

alosso:

You mean "average somewhat higher than usually" - true!

OTOH, I am the living proof for the match play path. I became Legend by beating two Legends in match play, and each win dropped my average by 0.7 strokes.

Yes - I wrote that wrong!  I did mean higher.  It happened to me twice when I tiered up before I expected!

And I don't doubt your experience - I had just not heard that would affect the average.

• PAGES
RSS